Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

The things sellers say!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 AM
DLJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kooky buyer story:
I sold my 82 SC to fellow in his mid to late 60's. He came to look at the car, looked it over from the outside, reviewed my paperwork and info. I had collected on the mods. etc.. He didn't sit in the car, which I thought was a bit curious, nor did he act like he was keen to get behind the wheel. So then I did the customary thing and offered to go with him to test drive it, as I wasn't about to let anyone do the test piloting alone. He refused to drive it. "Ok", I said, " How about I drive it and you come along for the ride?" He still said no. Hmm, now I'm really confused. So, I asked the obvious: Why? " I'm too scared" he said.
I was speechless. So, I think to myself, if he's too scared to even ride in the car, what now? Is this guy a nutbar? And, is he actually here to buy it? So, again I asked the next obvious question: "So, do you want to buy it?" "Yes I do" he said. He wrote me a check then and there for my full asking price and had me deliver it myself the next day to his home about 2 hours drive away (and it was a nice spirited drive for me to deliver it I must say...). Too funny! Still makes me laugh when I think about it or tell the story. I guess you can tell by my avatar it was a pretty scary looking beast!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:03 PM
murphyjp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car probably still sits where you left it while the guy summons the courage to climb inside.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM
floete
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"porsche 911 black whit black top red gut the car is a convert top works great there is no cuts on the top the clucth is find every thing works or more info call this numbr" --

Oh, yeah, this guy inspires confidence!

Quick Reply: The things sellers say!