Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Windows fog up, but it ain't cold outside

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 04:19 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Windows fog up, but it ain't cold outside

does anyone else share this experience - the inside of all my windows very quickly accumulate a very thin layer of haze, unrelated to the weather. On average, I've needed to clear the interior side of the windows easily twice a week (to compare, I need to clean the inside of my wife's BMW about once a month).

All the climate control switches on my 79SC are fully to the left-hand side (off position) and the heat levers down next to the emergency brake are in the full down position.

The only thing I can think of is that I do get a small amount oil burn from drips hitting the exhaust system, but for the most part, the windows are always closed after shutting down.

This one's a puzzler for this new owner.

Joe
Old 08-09-2002, 04:39 PM
zzopit
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have the "Porsche Fog", and you are not alone.

Sources may include:

- wet rugs (front windsheild leaking? check above glovebox -or- side window scrapers)
- oil fumes in the in a/c, fresh air or heater vents
- odd fumes that slowly appear out of the rugs, leather, glues and plastics in the car, yes even after all these years.

Nearly every P-car that I had hazed up on me. There is no real cheap-easy-fix other than leaving the windows/roof open when the car is in the garage or on hot/sunny days. I keep a small shammy-cloth in the door compartment for a quick and streak-free wipe-down

Quick Reply: Windows fog up, but it ain't cold outside