Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1976 912E anysuggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001, 12:07 PM
912Driver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 1976 912E anysuggestions?

Im restoring a 1976 912 E and i want to completly restore it, the only problem as you might know about the 912E is that its not the fastest most performance Porsche you can get so in turn im also going to put all new performance parts and do anything i can to improve upon the overall performance of the car. I am putting a 911 turbo engine in but I am wondering what the best parts, and modifications are to put into this car. I am looking for a muffler, exhaust system, possibly a dual Turbo, racing Clutch, Transmission, Spoiler ( A whale tale would be great) and anything else that would help make the car a little faster and more Sporty, also I am wondering what exterior Modifications to put on it. So anyone out there restoring a 912, 912 E, 911, 911 turbo or any Targa at that that has tips, websites and so on would be a huge help to me and I would be in great appreciation to you, you can e-mail me at imabum69@home.com

P.S. Anyone in the arrlington heights Area that is restoring i would love to have someone to work on cars with.

Thanks 912Driver
Old 08-27-2001, 01:30 AM
Roland Kunz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello

Why not buying a Turbo? Will be much cheaper on the long run. If you can´t afford a Turbo so stop dreaming and drive what you have. A Turbo puzzle on a 912 will make much trouvble and cost the same but has a lower value then a good 912.

Basic things you need is the engine with oiltank and external oilcooler, trany, brakes, axles and many small parts for small change.

YMHO

Grüsse

Quick Reply: 1976 912E anysuggestions?