Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

A very sad day for me, but Heaven has a new angel

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Very sorry to hear of your loss. When my dog of 17 years passed we spread her ashes in her favorite wooded hill on the golf course which our property is on. Every time I play the 18th hole she's messing around in those woods like she did for thousands of walks over the years.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:56 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Sorry to hear Ed - my thoughts are with you my friend.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:42 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so sorry for your loss and sadness. Your lost one was very fortunate to have a family like you and your wife to be a part of, and have the love that he had.

My dog Jake became Jakeflyer after he died. I use his name on the net as a tribute to a great guy. His tribute is used every day. I will never forget.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by g-50cab
Sorry to hear Ed - my thoughts are with you my friend.
Thanks Jeremy and everyone else here. Today I head back home to a very quiet house. I think everyone here truly "gets" how this pain feels.

Originally Posted by jakeflyer
I am so sorry for your loss and sadness. Your lost one was very fortunate to have a family like you and your wife to be a part of, and have the love that he had.

My dog Jake became Jakeflyer after he died. I use his name on the net as a tribute to a great guy. His tribute is used every day. I will never forget.
That's a great way to remember your buddy.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:59 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's an honor to us that you feel compeled to share your feelings here.
After a difficult pregnancy ending in miscarry, i saw my empty hearted wife hugging our black-lab puppy often. Dixie made our pain go away and took on an important roll in our family. She brought joy to my wife that no one else could.
I am deeply saddened by your family's loss. I wish I could be there, hand on your shoulder, when you step up to that empty and quiet house. Things will never be the same.
I belive it was C.S. Lewis that said..."evan a dog knows the differance between being kicked and tripped over"
Mine and Kara's hearts go out to you.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Dave Thomas
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's shocking how us big tough guys can completely loose it over the loss of a dear pal. I think my dog Sara loves me more than any human ever has, and I completely understand your feeling of loss, Ed. God bless Charlie and God bless you.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:05 PM
yumyum1667
Racer

I know exactly how you feel. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I had to put down my cat of 12 years last month for congestive heart failure. I am a tough guy and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. My cat was my first pet which made it even harder.

However I do have three lively Dachshunds that require a lot of attention so it makes some of the pain go away.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Thanks again.

Lots of empty space here at home. He had 4 beds and tons of toys. We get his 2 favorite squeaky toys and took all else to the humane society. They were ecstatic, my wife said. They will use his stuff for their fostering program. Charlie would like that, he was always good about sharing any of his stuff with other dogs; except food!

Man, I miss coming home to a wagging tail and lots of kisses......
Old 10-25-2009, 10:38 AM
TA911-64
Instructor

Ed,
I'm sorry for your loss. In my 52 years, I've said goodbye to 3 very special animals (all near 20 years old). I fully understand your sadness and pain. Slowly you'll shift to all the fond memories with a smile.
Tom
Old 10-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Rough night and morning. The first time going to bed without him "clomping" up the stairs after one last trip outside and lying at the foot of the bed. Then this morning, out to get the Sunday paper by myself for the first time in almost 10 years.....

I look forward to the week to occupy my mind, but some of the movie running through my head causes a smile or chuckle.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 PM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sad to hear this news Ed.
Our thoughts are with you.
We have a 4 yo Siberian Husky, and she's a huge part of our family.
They do become such an integral part of your life and day to day routine.
I shudder to think of how we would all feel if she passed away.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:46 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Ed, Sorry to hear the sad news about Charlie. Losing a friend is tough. My condolences
Old 10-26-2009, 04:19 PM
kallberg
Advanced

I'm sorry for your loss
Old 10-27-2009, 12:22 AM
KCTarga3.2
AutoX

Ed,
Sorry for the loss of you buddy. Pets really are the best friends. I also know the feeling of losing a very close pet. If I can offer any advice it would be to adopt a dog from a shelter, when you are ready. There's no better way to honor the life of Charlie, than to save one his own kind. RIP Charlie.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:24 AM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Ed,

just caught this thread - sorry to here of your loss, been there and know the pain man. Still have the ashes of my two dogs on the top of a cupboard, sounds daft but just can't bear to part with them. Both loved riding the highway in the Porsche, strapped in to the back.

We just can't live with an empty house and have another hound after two months without - memories don't go away but the pain fades.

PJC

Quick Reply: A very sad day for me, but Heaven has a new angel