Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Automotion/Performance Products

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I used to order from Performance/Automotion, then i switched to Pelican as Wayne and Tom are good guys, I still use Pelican now and then, but also check Vertex and Paragon Products, both of which I have had good success with.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At long last Automotion have finally shipped my stuff. A call to them this morning got me a FedEx tracking number, nothing by email though. I expect delivery in AU by mid next week. I hope they improve their performance.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Dave Thomas
Racer

I'm through with Automotion/Performance Products. I ordered a pair of aluminum interior door handles last spring, they shipped one and backordered one (???). After 6 weeks of emails and calls with no response, I sent the single back, only to receive the second one 2 days later, returned that one too. Got a refund for the first return, still trying to get the second refund. Never had any problems with Pelican and I only ordered from Automotion because I needed several small things and they had one of their 20% sales. Definitely not worth the crappy service and hassles, never again. Pelican rules.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Todd951968
Burning Brakes

+ 1 for Pelican. They seem to have the best price and are decent with shipping and responsiveness. Used to use Automotion but didn't like things when they were bought by Performance Products.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:31 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the kind words folks. We have been working very hard to improve service and selection, particularly in this difficult economy. We have a new program for this year where we can ship your order 3-Day Air for $3 (some restrictions apply of course). We sincerely appreciate your feedback and support!

-Wayne
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 10-09-2009, 07:32 PM
ddubois
Instructor

Performance works, but don't expect anything fast. Usually 2-3 days just to package the order, then 5 days to get it shipped from FL. Forget about any emails or confirmations. If you call them though they can give you tracking numbers. I'll use them if I have a drawn out project and I'm ordering a lot of parts. To get the 10% PCA member discount you have to phone the order in. The last time I placed an order on the phone the rep (who was very helpful), and I got into a discussion about their antiquated online ordering system. When the rep started telling me about the poor online ordering system they had, I started to wonder if Performance was starting a downward spiral.
Pelican is great for getting things fast. Sometimes I will have the part the next day using standard ground service. Prices are a little higher than Performance with their 10% PCA discount, but if you need it quick the extra $$ is worth it. I have to admit though that my last couple calls to Pelican for technical help were less than stellar. Sometimes the rep seems bothered by my call, and the last call the rep told me new fenders for my 71 were NLA. They're currently on the way from Sunset. BTW, Sunset's prices were VERY good.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:55 PM
LukeSportsman
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've gotten some killer deals from Sunset. Last summer they had engine fans for sale cheaper than some used ones in the classifieds. Looked like brand new Porsche parts.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't see any need to buy from them in light of the comments here.

Don't forget Zim's in TX-a first class operation. Pelican is actively striving for improvement and has an owner that is from and active in the Porsche community.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Advanced

At long last the package arrived a day ahead of the FedEx schedule.

My post surely stirred up a lively debate, many thanks for all the contributions.

In the end all we P-owners are looking for from our suppliers is good service at reasonable pricing. It is a fairly simple equation really and then we will do business.

Cheers from down here.

Last edited by 83944; 10-12-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Automotion/Performance Products