Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:56 PM
gmiz
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Price Check

Hi there, looking for some advice on a car listed in the classifieds here.

I have been in the market for about a year now, looking for a 87-89 911. I have seen many, but few have been worth consideration. I am looking at two today - the one listed in the classifieds here (88 911, China Blue, $25K - "The Sweet Spot"); the other is a Red Cab.

The Blue Coupe sounds like a great car, great color, and in good shape - with some upgrades as you can see in the ad, but I am not sure $25k is the right price - based on others I have seen in the past year, I would have guessed hi teens. I am sure the seller is on this forum, and I don't want to insult him but the car has most of the "I wants" and if it checks out, I am willing to pay a fair price.

The Red Cab, as a comparison, has the same mileage and seems to be in good shape - but the owner thinks $16.5 is the right price. It does not have some of the upgrades, but is a two owner car with all the records.

I realize that Coupes are preferred, and that Blues are also a premium, but this seems like quite a difference.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Last edited by gmiz; 08-30-2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: edit for typo
Old 08-30-2009, 07:22 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

you can buy alot of upgrades fot 9G , ad i don't think ANY color is a premium
Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

Let the PPI reveal what's what. Mileage is nothing, it's all about condition/upkeep. Although, if I could do it all over again I think I would have gone for a coupe and not a targa. Of course, this comes from a guy who only has a 4 month targa season. Lastly, prices are a little wonky these days, some people are selling because they just want to move on and some people are selling because they just got laid off and are about to lose their homes.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:45 PM
gmiz
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well; I saw and drove the car yesterday - it is in very good shape. The paint is very good and the interior is pretty nice as well. The car drives great.

My dilema still comes down to the price as I drove one in very similar condition with similar upgrades (Billsteins, Turbo Tie Rods, etc) but again a much different price. Not sure if that guy was way low and this one is way hi.

I am still thinking that $17-18K is what I am seeing in the market for a well sorted out car. I would like to arrive at a fair price, but maybe my percceptions are wrong.

Anyone seeing anything different?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:55 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

leave the high guy your number and your price .. he will call if he will accept it . he must also know you are looking at other cars to turn up the heat a little. if he wants the money he will take it ..

Quick Reply: Price Check