Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What is the difference between a Porcupine and a Porsche ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have the Bentley wiring diagram? If not, I can post it for reference.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,134 Likes on 810 Posts

Yes I have it and it made no mention of this connection in the middle of the wire. I just connected yellow to yellow and went with it. Yurns out the switch was not beig used at all for lo beam and the guy had the yellow wire to the hi/lo switch wired directly o the headlight switch so it would never turn off when you put the high beams on.

The good thing about this connection is that is is a great spot to stick the ammeter in and see exactly how much current is running through the switch now on the lo beam side ..
The test worked fine and everything is cool but the only thing I want to do better is where I put the ground for the relays . i would be interested to see where others have put it.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:36 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Oh...yours was modified. Sounds interesting. I wonder if I can wire a momentary switch..hmm.

I connected mine to the body lug that you use for the negative battery cable.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So....when you turn on the highbeams you get low and high where as you should get low or high. ...or should I say instead of getting one or the other you get both? I'm guessing this would allow cars equiped with foglights to stay on when using highbeams?
Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

That's how I understand it too. I think it would be neat to momentarily have both high and low, but first I have to double check the headlight flasher. The flasher might enable high and low at the same time. Gotta check it.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Yes guys this is EXACTLY how it was configured. he pulled apart the yellow connector in the midle of the harness and hooked the piece that goes to the lo beam lights right to the headlight switch . You don't even need an extention. it just goes right on there.

I am surprised the lightbulbs were able to tolerate it, but I did note they were 55/60w bulbs .. no WONDER they looked so bright ..

By the way Russ the flasher DOES enable high and lo at the smae time .. for the last 3 days all I have done is stare at that damn switch assmbly . i am getting to know it pretty good now..
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

oh one small clarification .. if you have the lo beams on already it ligghts both , if you do not then it just flashes the high beam .
Or in other words the flasher flashes the high beams independant of what else is going on ..

Quick Reply: What is the difference between a Porcupine and a Porsche ?