Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Pelican August Wine Tour Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 03:43 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That area is also the stomping grounds of the Napa Valley version of Big Foot which has been known to attack only open top cars...so if you have a cab or targa.....be scared...be VERY scared.....if you have a coupe, just keep the sunroof closed and have fun....if you don't have a sunroof on your coupe...that's cool!

....by the way, that road is great....
Old 07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

Yes, that has been obvious since 1976... the Napa Valley Big Foot only attacks cabs....
Old 07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenfb
Bottom line: Avoid the drive or drive extremely carefully avoiding those that consider
the drive a 'fast rally' to the end.
That's why I always trailer my car to events via the interstate. Can never be too careful.

I can understand being careful on twisty / narrow roads, but are you serious with this post? Why have a Porsche if you never enjoy it where it truly shines....
Old 07-27-2009, 06:42 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I be more afraid I'd have to talk to one of the stringy gray haired liberals. You now the kind.........sandals, a red book in their hand and a B.O sticker on their car.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:09 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Loren,

Thanks for reporting this thread - but before I admonish anyone - I have to ask a quick clarification?

First - are you intending to rate all driving events and their road selections in Southern California? Or are you intending to give them the "LorenFB" Safety Chair Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN nationwide? Since I also host/run the OCR regions mailing list - I have not seen you proffer your opinion on that list? I'm pretty certain PCA OCR does events as well - but perhaps I missed your wise and sage "BEWARE" warnings?

Second - as you certainly don't drive that road due to it's "unsafe" condition, perhaps you should volunteer to Wayne to assist him with route planning next year? Given your efforts and warnings - I'm certain all will be "Loren Safe" - at least in your opinion?

Third - I've known Wayne and PelicanParts for - I dun'no? - About a dozen years?? Maybe more.. The single and ONLY "unsafe" drive Wayne EVER did - was alone. In a 914.... Uphill. About 100 feet from his house. Something about testing whether CV bolts.... Aww - nevermind - it's a private story..

Loren - I have absolutely no idea why you posted what you did - and then presume it was OK to use the "reported thread"...

If you have any concerns about any Pelican Event - ask Wayne.

IMNSHO - if anyone looks like a jerk in this thread - that would be you, Loren. Why you posted it in the first place is beyond me - unless you had an alternative agenda (see my comments about your new, self-proclaimed "Safety Chair" above, OK?).

As an aside, Loren. Next time you promote yourself, your business - or attempt a "veiled" threat on another business - I will personally ban you. I am also removing your avatar and your SIG. In short - you have dissed other businesses over the years - and I for one - am tired of it. You knew the rules while I owned this site and you and I traded a lot of private and public messages about the same.

For as much has changed - for you, Loren - all is unchanged.

To Wayne & PelicanParts.. I am sorry Loren's post even appears here. I'm guessing he has no where else to post it...???

John
Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Well done, Bravo!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"First - are you intending to rate all driving events and their road selections in Southern California?"

No, only the ones I'm VERY knowledgeable about and that are potentially very dangerous.
It should very obvious to anyone that has viewed the post with all the route's pictures.

"Or are you intending to give them the "LorenFB" Safety Chair Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN nationwide?"

Nationwide, right! Who now sounds ridiculous?

"Since I also host/run the OCR regions mailing list - I have not seen you proffer your opinion on that list? I'm pretty certain PCA OCR does events as well - but perhaps I missed your wise and sage "BEWARE" warnings?"

Don't drive down there except on the Ortega HWY on a motorcycle, never in my Porsche.

"Second - as you certainly don't drive that road due to it's "unsafe" condition"

I don't drive Carmel Valley Road in my Porsche, only on a motorcycle and not during car rallies.

"Loren - I have absolutely no idea why you posted what you did - and then presume it was OK to use the "reported thread"..."

It's O.K. to allow personal attacks and a "reported thread" when a "friend" complains
or a sponsor, though, whether with merit or not, right?

"As an aside, Loren. Next time you promote yourself, your business - or attempt a "veiled" threat on another business - I will personally ban you. I am also removing your avatar and your SIG. In short - you have dissed other businesses over the years - and I for one - am tired of it. You knew the rules while I owned this site and you and I traded a lot of private and public messages about the same."

Promote the business, please! Find a thread where I've promoted ANYTHING.
I provide more technical info than what's returned in any form of business (which is zero).
When I sponsored, I never even received any business to equal the sponsorship cost!

"To Wayne & PelicanParts.. I am sorry Loren's post even appears here. I'm guessing he has no where else to post it...???"

Then why wasn't it deleted?

"IMNSHO - if anyone looks like a jerk in this thread - that would be you, Loren. Why you posted it in the first place is beyond me - unless you had an alternative agenda (see my comments about your new, self-proclaimed "Safety Chair" above, OK?)."

If that's the feeling, then why not just permanently provide a ban and totally delete all my posts?
As I said, no personal gain accrues from my postings, but more has been gained by Rennlist over
the years in technical support. The simple solution to this would have been to delete
the thread and just ban the originator, right? But some like to play games and make
personal attacks for all to see and be unchallenged.

Have fun!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by shadopadla
Is there anything like this in the NY Finger Lakes area?
This is a special event Wayne put together in conjunction with the events in Monterey that week, including the historic races @ Laguna Seca with Porsche as the featured marquee.

ALSO, there are a number of us (we have a reservation for 24) meeting at Tarpy's near the track for dinner Saturday night (8/15) @ 7:00-7:15pm.

I only wish I had more time besides just Friday and Saturday to spend in the area.

And lastly, thank you Loren for attempting to rain on the parade by casting a shadow over everything. I'm pretty sure we're all going to have fun.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by LA964RS
That area is also the stomping grounds of the Napa Valley version of Big Foot which has been known to attack only open top cars...so if you have a cab or targa.....be scared...be VERY scared.....if you have a coupe, just keep the sunroof closed and have fun....if you don't have a sunroof on your coupe...that's cool!

....by the way, that road is great....
Originally Posted by randywebb
Yes, that has been obvious since 1976... the Napa Valley Big Foot only attacks cabs....
Why would the Napa Valley Bigfoot be hanging around south of Monterey?? Seems like he may've taken a wrong turn.....

PS: This has turned out to be the best thread I've seen in a Looooong Time!!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:57 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,163 Likes on 834 Posts

Old 07-28-2009, 12:15 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol..drivesafelydrivesafelydrivesafely
Old 07-28-2009, 09:23 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lfe132
i'm scared now.
You ain't seen nothing yet! Beware Killer Pelicans!!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,163 Likes on 834 Posts

now THAt was funny !!!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

someone call "911" hahaha
Old 07-28-2009, 03:46 PM
lfe132
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, those Killer Pelican's will getcha every time!

Quick Reply: Pelican August Wine Tour Beware!