OT: RennTube: YouTube for Porsche Fanatics

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:00 PM
jleidel
Almost Deleted
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default OT: RennTube: YouTube for Porsche Fanatics

All, I realize this is a bit off topic, but its still applicable to our Porsche fanaticism. As a fellow owner [928], I decided to start a new web venture specifically geared towards all things Porsche.

Given the recent explosion of rich media [eg, Web 2.0], we've entered an age where web/media space is becoming a serious commodity. As such, I decided to start a rich media site dedicated to videos, pictures and audio surrounding the Porsche habit.

Quite simple, RennTube is the 'YouTube' for Porsche fanatics. Its a free website dedicated to posting your videos, pictures and audio about your Porsche automobile. Users have modest limitations on how many pictures and videos they are permitted to post. As of now, I do not currently limit video uploads and picture uploads are limited to 50 albums of 100 pictures each [5000 images per user].

Its not solely geared toward any specific model's enthusiasts, so I figured I would post in the 911 forums to get the word out. I've setup groups based on model, Porsche racing-centric and tech-centric content. In the future, I hope to find individuals posting simple "How-To" videos for various technical items. Just like YouTube, RennTube has built-in functionality to post and/or embed your pictures and videos on other sites. [eg, Rennlist]

At the end of the day, the website is 100% free. I fully intend to keep it that way. I'm selling three ad spaces, but only to recoup what can be fairly pricey hosting fees [I have unlimited bandwidth and storage space].

The site graphics are not 100% complete. I'm a systems-programmer, not a Photoshop wiz.... so please be kind in critiquing the banners.

Without further adieu, I give you RennTube
www.renntube.com

...now back to your regularly scheduled program
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 AM
tvanbroekhoven
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it !

As soon as I have some kind of spectacular video I'll post it
Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

using another website to advertise your website ? although may be not agianst the rules ...

still bad form ....
Old 07-28-2009, 02:40 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do people mount their camcorder in the back of the car? When I figure out how to use the Handycam and computer thingey, I'll post some videos.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

You may want to delete the Porsche crest, they are voracious in searching out and shutting down non-authorized use of their logos, etc.

Quick Reply: OT: RennTube: YouTube for Porsche Fanatics