Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

88 Coupe Pricing Help. Anyone knows Victorymotor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

But the large majority of cars shipped to the US ended up in California...

Drive around LA, OC or SD and it is uncanny how many air-cooled 911's you spot going down the road. That is the point of this being the hub.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:08 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,147 Likes on 821 Posts

it is the hub of weird dudes too., and endless sources of entertainment .. so what happend to Loren anyway ..
Old 07-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

It looked like he got his a$$ handed to him. I took extreme pleasure in that. Can you believe that he posted the whole thing on the Pelican tour, then when Wayne weighed in, he reported the post as a problem? It all blew up in his face, and he finally lost his avatar with his logo.

I also like the comment he made about not getting any business from his sponsorship here. Is it any wonder the way he always rips and insults posters on tech threads?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:25 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

yeah but at least he was amusing ... to us who know him anyway .. maybe not so much for the new guys ..
okay we are going to have to close this thread or change the name .. seeing Victory Motors in bold every time is just wierding me out .. gees it's 1:00am

night all
Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will agree that there are a large number of cars in Cali. When I worked for Mercedes Benz, 1/3 of their cars produced were sold in the US, 1/3 of the US sales were Cali. Frankly they made cars for the California market. With CARB restrictions like they are, their ROW cars were made to meet cali. standards to simplify production.
Aside of sales figures, there is a large and healthy community of 911 enthusiast all over the US. The West Coast market is typically high priced compared to other regions, so a prudent search for a 911 could be nationwide.
I would love to go out to California and get my next 911, meet some of you guys, and drive in that dangerous wine tour rally. I can't think of anything I had rather do.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:41 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Oh, in regards to the OP. I have seen some skillfully polished turds from Victory.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
joey c
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think victory is the best,honest place to buy a car..very honest...NOT
Old 08-05-2009, 04:39 PM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had a speedster come into our shop from victory. They seem to try and polish up the turds the best they can..then charge top dollar. This vehicle had the supposedly factory Fuch's...but I am looking at the wheels and saying..something doesn't seem right...well....I looked on the inside spokes..."MADE IN CHINA". I feel bad for this guy buying this turd and didn't have the heart to tell him that the Fuch's they said they replaced as the car had aftermarket wheels on it but he wanted Fuch's...they gave him Fuch's alright...they Fuched him up the butt lol.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:32 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I still think they would have a better rep as a detailing shop rather than a car seller .. they detail cars magnificently..
Old 08-05-2009, 06:20 PM
whalebird
Race Car

So ricster... was the speedster real? Somebody could have just scammed the wheels, but they also could have scammed the whole car just as easily. Were the rear flares welded on? You can look under the fenders and see seams.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
I still think they would have a better rep as a detailing shop rather than a car seller .. they detail cars magnificently..
Maybe not even that. I met a guy in the DFW area who bought a spectacular looking 911 from them. Until the clear they obviously sprayed over the original paint started peeling off in chunks about 4 or 5 months later.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:02 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

..dang that's ugly ...
Old 08-07-2009, 01:37 PM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So ricster... was the speedster real? Somebody could have just scammed the wheels, but they also could have scammed the whole car just as easily. Were the rear flares welded on? You can look under the fenders and see seams.

Hi Whalebird,
No it was a real car....but there where tell tail signs that this car was sitting in the hot texas sun..as the interior door material was pulling apart etc. Also the paint...though white if you looked close you can tell they buffed the hell out of it..there were areas where the paint wa sun faded...had to just catch it in the right light. It has 46k miles which for a speedster is alot. I heard he paid in the 50's for it....talk about getting it straight up you know what. Its amazing to me that there really is not alot of people that are very knowledgable about these cars....I worked for a porsche dealer off and on over my years in the business and was working for Porsche when these cars came out...I know the 80's series cars very well. Hard to get much past me on these cars.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whalebird
I could offer debate on the statement that Calif. is the Porsche hub of the US. Lots of people on the East coast raised the bar in the Porsche community, especially motorsports.
Yep. Guess where the largest PCA Region, by membership, is? And the Second, third and fourth.....Cal is the Porsche hub of high mileage cars in the US.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:22 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I don't think PCA member ship has ANYTHING to do with sales and ownership .More a reflection on the demographic and people feeling they need to belong.

just my .02c , flame away ...

Quick Reply: 88 Coupe Pricing Help. Anyone knows Victorymotor?