Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Newbie asks-What should I ask for my 83 911 SC sunroof coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 11:07 PM
bcolins
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Newbie asks-What should I ask for my 83 911 SC sunroof coupe?

Hi, I'm new to the list. Actually registered sometime ago, but due to a "cookies" problem, I have been unable to log on until tonight. (Thanks for your help John D)

I need a bit of advice. I am going to be selling my 83 SC soon (probably on ebay) and would like to get an idea what to ask. I had it painted about a year ago because the clear coat was lifing in numerous places. I dissassembled most of the car including the sunroof to ensure a good job and then replaced most of the outside rubber and the sunroof weather strips. The shop did a beautiful job. It is a sunroof coupe with factory A/C and it is cold and has not needed any freon. The engine appears to be dry underneath and has never dripped a drop on the shop floor. Its Burgandy with black trim and a beige inerior and the seats are in very good original condition with no rips or tears. The beading or welt on the drivers side seat is worn a bit. There are 3 or 4 dash cracks, I purchased one of the ABS dash tops from COVERLAY, and I have been unable to get a fit. So, I think maybe a Porsche original dash top is in order. I think I saw something posted for those at $250, (does that sound right?) The odometer reads 125,000 miles. The car is very tight, starts instantly and drives great. There is no evidence of accident history. The interior carpets are a bit dingy in a few spots, they might clean up, maybe not. I have a set of Good Black/red logo Porsche floor mats that cover most of it. Rear tires are newish front tires need replacing.

What should I ask for this car. I need to sell it ASAP to pay off post 9-11 debts.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Brian
Old 10-15-2002, 11:15 PM
bcolins
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS--i'm in Dallas, TX if anyone has an interest in this car. 214-328-6858

Brian

Quick Reply: Newbie asks-What should I ask for my 83 911 SC sunroof coupe?