Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Will I gain HP from disconnecting O2 sensor / noisy valves = need for valve adjustmen

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 09:27 PM
Wil R. Ferch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZCAT:
I think you're missing the point....the 3.0 911 and the 930 share the CIS injection system...and have a form of "passive" early crude emission system. The car can be set up to a particular CO reading and left there....suboptimal, but it can work. The 3.2 uses a much more sophisticated approach and the Os sensor is an active "member", being in a closed loop system that if left disconnected..makes the car run overly rich. That is may take, and perhaps others can chime -in if this is wrong.

---Wil Ferch
Old 10-28-2002, 09:30 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Hi Wil - I appreciate the clarification and understand what you say. My point is what is wrong with the car running rich? Does this hurt the car or hurt performance? In my case, the engine runs smoother and I do not notice any extra emissions as i did when my 930 was running a bit rich.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:43 PM
Wil R. Ferch
Advanced

Ok:
Semantics here..perhaps.
A "bit" rich is probably OK from a running condition, although bad from an emissions perspective.
I'm talking "much too rich"...which might result in very poor fuel economy and may wash down(?) cylinders and cause havoc on downstream cats, if they're still in-place.
Again, this is from recalling many previous posts on this issue, and is not my strength...hoping others would add some to this discussion.
---Wil

Quick Reply: Will I gain HP from disconnecting O2 sensor / noisy valves = need for valve adjustmen