Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Price check on a '72T in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009 | 04:35 AM
Tango635
Racer

Default Price check on a '72T in NJ

Hey guys,

I saw this car advertised in a mag, it sounds like it's worth checking into. Once you click on the link, check the box next to German, then find. Then scroll down 4 or 5.

http://stableltd.com/inventory.aspx

Has anyone dealt with The Stable LTD? Is 27k a good price for a T if it's in the shape it appears to be?
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:17 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tango635
Hey guys,

I saw this car advertised in a mag, it sounds like it's worth checking into. Once you click on the link, check the box next to German, then find. Then scroll down 4 or 5.

http://stableltd.com/inventory.aspx

Has anyone dealt with The Stable LTD? Is 27k a good price for a T if it's in the shape it appears to be?
The Stable is about 3 miles from my house. I have always found them to be asking TOP dollar. Average quality cars.
Old 07-10-2009 | 08:31 AM
six gun
Rennlist Member

This car has been for sale for a while, It was on Auto trader or e-bay or maybe both.Looks like a nice car, be sure to have a PPI done if you are considering it. ( why not ask Minoclan to go take a look for you.)
Old 07-10-2009 | 09:41 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by six gun
This car has been for sale for a while, It was on Auto trader or e-bay or maybe both.Looks like a nice car, be sure to have a PPI done if you are considering it. ( why not ask Minoclan to go take a look for you.)
Happy to do it. I can even arrange to have my mechanic do a PPI
Old 07-10-2009 | 10:01 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Minoclan
The Stable is about 3 miles from my house. I have always found them to be asking TOP dollar. Average quality cars.
And about 6 miles from my house. I agree about the price and quality comments, although I have found the quality of some of their cars to span a broad spectrum. Many are consignment cars. Tom Rossiter is the Owner/Manager.

I bought a 356 from them about 8 years ago, found the car to be fairly represented and flexibility in their asking price. The car had been there for a long time, was on consignment and the owner was willing to reduce the price.
Old 07-10-2009 | 03:11 PM
Tango635
Racer

Guys,

Thanks for the info and the very generous offer for help. I am in the hunt for my first porsche/911. I have narrowed it down to either a 72/73 early car or 95 993. Unfortunately, financially speaking, I am 1-3 months away from being able to get serious.

Lately, there's been some really good cars available and It's really painful to see such good cars go by and being so close to, but not able to commit. For the moment I will keep an eye on this one.

What I would really appreciate is help with pricing. What I am looking for is a car I can drive on a daily basis for now, but later turn into an RS or RSR replica. I am looking for a clean body and chasis with fairly good paint, good seals, no rust. Matching numbers for engine and tans are not a must, but I would prefer.

I am fairly good with mechanical stuff. I have done engine rebuilds on chevys/fords/toyotas, cam installs, suspension rebuilds, clutch installs on BMWs. So I am not worried about the maintenance aspect of owning an early car, but one thing I have learned is to buy the best body/chasis you can. At least that works for me. So what's a fair price?

Quick Reply: Price check on a '72T in NJ