Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1986 911 Carrera Low miles for Sale - Car Sold Update with sale price

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pairoducs
If possible i would hold off for a year and you are much more likely to get your desired price.
I agree with everything said in the posts above (including that the car is quite a nice example), with the only exception being the quote above. In my opinion this or pretty much any other car will not be worth more next year- we're in a new economic phase for the next several years. If you want to sell it, sell it before late summer- otherwise you (or your dad in this case) will only lose money in the form of insurance and maint, and the market won't be better in 2010.

My gut tells me it's worth $20K actual sale price to low $20ks max, no offense (I have no reason to blast the resale market of 911s as I like most others on this forum have one)
Old 06-25-2009, 03:06 PM
red89
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

less than 34k miles?
$20k?

ouch!

Originally Posted by andrew911
(I have no reason to blast the resale market of 911s as I like most others on this forum have one)
Old 06-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I do not mean to be argumentative here. Its just that the research I have done says that he is in the right range. I see many ads out there for similar cars with twice the mileage or more on them advertised at 20K-25K.

If that is true then wouldn't the high 20s to low 30s be a good number?

Also as I have said before the Price is negotiable.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

83 SC Coupe 22,000 miles for 25k

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=475568

89 Vert

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=479367

Not many low mileage Carrera Coupes listed but with the economy the way it is it may take a while to sell at 30k

John
Old 06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay, then list it on evilbay and get the 30k...people are trying to help you with their opinion not trying to screw you. You do not want to hear what they are trying to say.
Personally, if I were you I would keep the car yourself as a family member to be passed down to your kids. I also think this economy will still be in a rot for several years and I don't think next year everyone will be going out there shopping for cars like the good old days.
I picked up a beautiful 83sc rust free well documented car that the last owner spent 17k on the exterior of the car with paint, seals, softop, lights...you name it for 20k. The interior is original and looks great. The car had 103k but again engine you can eat off....and this was before the sh*t hit the fan. You might get lucky with someone than don't mind spending 30k on your car...and frankly if you do sell it I hope it goes to a good home. If I were looking for a car I probably would pay close to what you are asking because I know the costs of repairs and restorations....but most people do not appreciate that or they want to the work themselves and again the economy sucks.

very nice car...
good luck.
abe

Originally Posted by Giantviper
I do not mean to be argumentative here. Its just that the research I have done says that he is in the right range. I see many ads out there for similar cars with twice the mileage or more on them advertised at 20K-25K.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:19 PM
RL911
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantviper

You see ads, not sales. People can ask whatever they want, doesn't mean they will get it. your price is too high and will never sell, won't even get an offer within $5k. But, as you said, you've done the research so why bother asking us, just go list it for $30k.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
red89
Racer

Originally Posted by RL911
You see ads, not sales. People can ask whatever they want, doesn't mean they will get it. your price is too high and will never sell, won't even get an offer within $5k. But, as you said, you've done the research so why bother asking us, just go list it for $30k.
Consensus seems to be that $20k is low and $30k is high
Old 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GothingNC
And that's from a dealer.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

High,..and still pending a PPI (which may reveal things of a garage queen)?

"Negotiable" would be most correct.

Doyle
Old 06-25-2009, 08:33 PM
salukijac
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I test drove this 85 last year with 46K miles in super condition...sale price was $24.9K which he got..that was last June.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...ighlight=garry

Good luck with your sale.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

The car is nice- I was saying actual selling price range in this market. My recommendation is to lower the asking price to mid-high $20's if you want, and advertise in areas that will get lookers that know the value- i.e. Porsche club magazine, maybe even hemmings (I don't know how much that costs), and of course here on rennlist. Then move to the autotrader and cars.com etc. Ebay is a last resort. The $20-low $20K range I gave is what I think is a realistic goal to get (i.e. not the asking price). The car is a great find, but we are in a terrible recession which is hitting the toy market hard (porsches, ferraris, boats, etc etc). It's really bad out there.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Giantviper
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you everyone for your advise and well wishes.

Please pass the information on the car on to anyone who you may know is interested. Its time to see were the offers from interested parties take us.

Thanks again,

Phil
Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Good luck with it- I hope you do get close to your price! Again, try to get it listed in PCA ASAP as we're in the mid-summer and it takes a while to get it in print (not everyone looks at the online classifieds). I see you are in North NJ, which means I expect to see your dad's car in Porscheforus soon (the magazine for the local region of PCA for us in north NJ)

The lead time for porscheforus is long- they print the thing like a month in advance which means if you just miss the print deadline you have to wait 4 weeks, then another few weeks for that mag to get out. W/rennlist and PCA it will hit the classifieds immediately on line, and the porsche magazine doesn't take as long to hit the print copy as the local porschforus will.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,116 Likes on 798 Posts

We feel yourt pain as we are all owners of these cars ... and what you see printed here will pretty accurately represent what you see in the market. You can list for 30 if you like and eek it down till it sells. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:45 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Phil, would you do us the courtesy of letting us know what she sells for?

I will be putting my black '84 Cab, about to crest 100k, but with new brakes, suspension, soft top, seals, tires, etc. up for sale at some point in the next year (most likely before the end of summer unless things with the divorce go better).

Best wishes & luck with the sale, I HOPE you get what you want for the car, though I suspect as she sits it'll be in the $22k range.

Quick Reply: 1986 911 Carrera Low miles for Sale - Car Sold Update with sale price