Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

78 wide body on fleabay

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Brian_77_3.6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own a Euro Carrera 3 built in 1977. It has no sunroof, euro side marker lights, no impact bumpers, no door reinforcement, manual windows and door locks and is wide bodied. I do not know if it is a factory wide body or done in Germany before the car was exported to the US but when you look at where the steel flares are attached in the fender wells there is no visible seam in the front fenders and a perfect weld with no lip in the rear fenders. This construction looks identical to my friends 1976 Turbo. I am not implying that the Victory SC was a factory wide body just that wide body cars where exported from germany by private individuals in the 70'S.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian_77_3.6
I own a Euro Carrera 3 built in 1977. It has no sunroof, euro side marker lights, no impact bumpers, no door reinforcement, manual windows and door locks and is wide bodied. I do not know if it is a factory wide body or done in Germany before the car was exported to the US but when you look at where the steel flares are attached in the fender wells there is no visible seam in the front fenders and a perfect weld with no lip in the rear fenders. This construction looks identical to my friends 1976 Turbo. I am not implying that the Victory SC was a factory wide body just that wide body cars where exported from germany by private individuals in the 70'S.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say? The point of our discussion is that there is no such thing, short of a special wishes car, as a factory wide body from this year. And Victory makes no claim of it being a factory issue, they just say widebody. It may also be done correctly, as it sounds like yours is. There were certainly steel Turbo body parts available in '78. I also think this is not a Euro car, but rather a US car. The bottom line is that it is at a ludicrous price for what it appears to be, which again starts the conversation on whether there is hanky-panky on the part of Victory. My vote is that this is fishy as hell.

Quick Reply: 78 wide body on fleabay