Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Hershey Success stories ..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Oldtee
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Score one for the weather. Deduct 10 points for the people who set it up and forgot that you need more than 10 porta pottys for the number of people there. I hope they choke on the money they saved by making people stand in line for so long to pee!!

Couldn't believe it. I have my cams out for replacement and needed one chain box gasket and two cam seal gaskets. Found both. Overpaid, but I didn't have to pay shipping or wait for Porsche to find them in Germany.

Found some other stuff I don't need, but happy to have. 78SC got 20.54 MPG on the tank that included this trip.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:04 PM
porsche930dude
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
Well I have 2 hershey fail stories:

1. Saw an ugly 914-6 GT roller with the $1k oil tank intact, and 911 5 lugs with fuchs for $2,800.. found out that he lives only a few hours from me in Ohio, BUT I lost the paper with his number on it before I could call him to see if it sold! I'll keep telling myself that it sold at the show.

2. Failed to locate a brown SC targa with Ontario plates..... Maybe you drove something else? I was hoping to run into you, since you post here so often. It's nice to put faces with names.

My friends scored some 944 parts though, and as always the trip was more fun than the sum of its parts.... I think there might be a pun there somewhere.
The freshly painted blue 914-6? I watched him load it up unsold. Damn thatd make a sweet car. Sorry didnt get the number
Old 04-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 192 Posts

The freshly painted blue 914-6? I watched him load it up unsold. Damn thatd make a sweet car. Sorry didnt get the number
hahahaha, no not that one. I did see that car, but according to him it was a real -6 and "easy to finish". I wouldn't have been too surprised if he wanted more than $10k. The one I was looking at was really ugly. It was back in with the parts, and I'm not sure it was worth finishing. I just wanted the parts. It had the front and rear fenders cut off the right side already.... I was hoping to get it for less than 2k

Quick Reply: Hershey Success stories ..