Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Hershey Success stories ..

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:00 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts
Default Hershey Success stories ..

Well thought i would start this short thread .... Went to Hershey on Sat not realy needing anything bt just like seeing what is out therre .. but did get.

Brand new "kidney boot " still in the plastic bag for 15.00. not even worth cleaning mine for that ! haven't put it on yet.

Brands new Car Matts in brown with gold trim and gold Porsche embossing .. and I have a brown car to boot .. 40.00...
Mahle Oil filters 7.00 each , got 3 , i bought an air filter cover for 5.00 think I will cut the snorkle off and the other end just to see if sounds any different as a fun project. .

the actual bonus score of the day .. very end wandering around saw a tach lying there for an SC all dusty . Bought it for 25.00 thinking I could use it as a core to get rebuilt or put in mine while I send mine away to get the dreaded "tach bounce" fixed while downshifting. I looked at a few An when i twisted them quickly in my hand watched the needle lol back and forth . This one was tough to move off te zero point and when i did it went back right away .
So anyways I cleaned it up and it looks brand new ! can't have been out of a car for long. Put it in my car and sure enough it works ROCK SOLID . No bounce at all on downshift ..

BTW i had to take the wheel off to put it in so I tried Rusnaks "edge" cap just for laughs the cap is no thcker than the 928 bushing but it was where the lip was . I didn't tap it in just pushed it in with my fingers and id did work very well and I left it . there was no wear from the 928 bushing but I like different approaches. we will see how it goes.

Any one else get any good scores they can share ?
Old 04-26-2009, 11:00 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good find Iceman. Last week a guy had two stuts L and R complete for an '86 911 on Craigslist. The paint and all is darn near perfect. $200 for both. I cleaned them...........they look new. I looked on Pelican at new ones.........$500.00 ea.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:43 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice score on the tach and the struts! Ice, sounds like your steering shaft needs something thicker. Maybe a paint can lid or a lid from a Jubilee can. It needs to be tight, so that the inner race turns with the steering shaft on the ball bearings.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Iceman,

Great score on the parts !

I was not able to make the trek this year since I was at the SeymourAFB airshow in Goldsboro.

Awesome performance and very, very hot !

John
Old 04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a bunch of great scores. I got a pair of front black leather seats (driver side power) in mint condition for $250.00. People were asking bwteen $850 and $1,000 for seats that were in fair to nasty condition, so this was a huge score. My car did not come with a toolkit or manual but it does now...lol, toolkit was $65.00. I bought a new dash (to replace my massively deformed one) and rear black seats (to match my new black front seats) for $400.00. A heater control box for $15.00. A fog light switch and cigarette lighter for $65.00. The list goes on and on.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:04 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Justin, don't stick your head out of the front. You stole that stuff.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

For the 911:
New power window switch- 5 bucks

For the 996:
Brand new Left and right seat belt receptacles and wiring, in Porsche box! - This cures the Airbag light issue that my car just developed! 5 Bucks!! SCORE!!!!
Pollen Filter - 5 bucks!

Couple of key chains, t-shirt...

I went home with allot of cash in my pocket, I wanted to buy more... but just did not fine anything that grabbed me...
Old 04-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 192 Posts

Well I have 2 hershey fail stories:

1. Saw an ugly 914-6 GT roller with the $1k oil tank intact, and 911 5 lugs with fuchs for $2,800.. found out that he lives only a few hours from me in Ohio, BUT I lost the paper with his number on it before I could call him to see if it sold! I'll keep telling myself that it sold at the show.

2. Failed to locate a brown SC targa with Ontario plates..... Maybe you drove something else? I was hoping to run into you, since you post here so often. It's nice to put faces with names.

My friends scored some 944 parts though, and as always the trip was more fun than the sum of its parts.... I think there might be a pun there somewhere.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:34 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you mean theiceman? he's right here ^^^^^^^
Old 04-27-2009, 06:09 PM
ernie944
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I got a set of factory Sport seat's in black leather for 350.00 one small rip that I will get repaired after I die them to match my Cashmere Beige interior, my buddy picked up a set of deep 6's in excellent shape with good rubber on them for 1k, we also picked up a complete oil line's with carrera cooler with fan for 350. and a bunch of other misc. stuff so the trip up from Florida was good for us.

Ernie
Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Bought some Brad Penn 20w50 from a guy in Massachusetts and I too lost his business number! Got some nice 1/43 AutoArt models for $15.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:11 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,115 Likes on 797 Posts

wow looks like some grest scores all around, goes to show it you are patient and carefull these cars can be maintained at a reasonable cost. BTW charles Navaro was there from LN engineering , maybe you bought the oil from him ?

Every year i need less and less for my car but i have still not missed Hershey since roundtop in harrisburg.
To tell you the truth guys I tkk the Porsche suporrt vehicle. John had a great day for an air show but i think I would hav litterally drowned in my Targa in the sorm i hit in N/y and Ontario.

I did notice a few things ...

3 16 v heads ,,whuch is really unusual ( 944 ) , lots more negotiating power this year and amazingly geat weather at the show ....

Maybe we will connect at Hershey one year ( eastern guys anyway )

Old 04-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
wow looks like some grest scores all around, goes to show it you are patient and carefull these cars can be maintained at a reasonable cost. BTW charles Navaro was there from LN engineering , maybe you bought the oil from him ?

Every year i need less and less for my car but i have still not missed Hershey since roundtop in harrisburg.
To tell you the truth guys I tkk the Porsche suporrt vehicle. John had a great day for an air show but i think I would hav litterally drowned in my Targa in the sorm i hit in N/y and Ontario.

I did notice a few things ...

3 16 v heads ,,whuch is really unusual ( 944 ) , lots more negotiating power this year and amazingly geat weather at the show ....

Maybe we will connect at Hershey one year ( eastern guys anyway )

Roundtop was smaller but that sure was cool venue.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I spoke with Charles..Didn't have any oil.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
white85carrera
Track Day

Hershey was a great time. Sold almost all my "stuff"-cheap, but the score of the century was a pair of the 935 style mirrors.....free! I 'm thinking they must be cursed. I tried giving the guy a few bucks and he made me take another old mirror......after thinking about it, maybe it wasnt his stuff. I was slack jawed, but VERY appreciative. If you are out there-thanks again.

Quick Reply: Hershey Success stories ..