Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Does Your Car Have a NAME?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Banana
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I know I am in the wrong section, just everyone here was so nice (I am sure they are nice in the 964 section as well) and frankly I have car envy 

Mine is called FIUYA. <Foo-YA>

When I was looking I wanted a 1980's 911 in Minerva Blue. My then newly minted husband would have none of that, he wanted a newer car because there would be less issues with it and he didn't like the idea of my being stranded somewhere because my "old" car was unreliable (the compromise was that I could not go older than 1990 and then only 90-91 if the cylinder’s passed PPI). He found black 1999's and red 2003's in perfect 100 mile conditions. I refused them all, so then he started sending me cars in all shades of blue, all blue but for Minerva. He decided I was confused and had me create a spreadsheet to help me keep to the facts. I weighted all the different options C4 = +5, Tip = -3, Targa = Veto etc etc but then when it came to color Minerva got +30 and Tahoe got +28 (I mean after all they are more or less the same color). So then he finds me a midnight blue 2003 that was soooo...perfect that it was within 2 points of the very best Minerva I could find at the time and I refused it. He said I could just have it painted (words cannot contain the horror I expressed over the mere thought of a non-factory color). And with this final refusal, after 6 months of his looking with me for the perfect car, he exploded! I was suffering from idiocy and I didn't actually want a car I just wanted drama, said if I DID find the "perfect" car that I would never put the money down because I was just all talk and I would find yet another excuse to refuse, said he was through with helping me on the car or any project, and stormed out of the house. Now my prior husband would not allow me to own a car, a gun, or a real dog. As soon as we separated I bought a dog, my dream life partner dog that was an insanely awesome dog, German Shepherd Czech trained the kind of dog you can shoot at and she would laugh. When I filed for divorce I bought a gun, not any old gun, a Benalli Cordoba Shotgun and then just for spite I bought a Sig, for some, these are dream guns and they are amazing. So when the divorce papers were finalized and I was free, I set out to buy a car and not just “a” car, “the” car I fell asleep every night dreaming about and gosh darn it I was already looking for a year, I was not going to not have the perfect car! I was lit that my new husband would say such horrible things about my dream car and then leave. So I shot off a scathing e-mail saying hmmm I waited for the perfect man and the perfect dog and ... but hmmm no, really I should be someone who just settles and if I settled for the not-perfect car (after having settled for so many years prior and swearing I was turning over a new leaf) what did that say about my "perfect" new husband and dog? Well it showed the world that “wow, she's a settler” which meant that he should always wonder if I settled for the wrong car maybe I did in fact settle for a lesser man too. And to add insult to injury I said if it was my dream car, it was *my* dream and not his. MY dream car was Egyptian blue so if Porsche called it Minerva or Tahoe or Found It Up Your *** blue so be it, that was my dream and if he didn’t like my dream he could take the 911 and stick it somewhere blue. He called and apologized laughing (we found my car a week later actually, though shhh…he might have been right) and ever since it was named FIUYA for Found It Up Your ***.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:14 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Banana, do you have a sister, preferably twin sister? She can have any 911 she wants as long as it's air-cooled.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Banana
Intermediate

Since you are giving away cars...If its a Minerva C4 that actually works, I can see if a twin can be procured.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:30 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I can spray paint the Geo Tracker "Minerva" and add flames on the side. What do I get for that?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Pcar.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:42 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I abhor that moniker. It sounds somewhat like something that a blithe mallshopping teeny shopper would call a Porsche so she could be cool like her friends. Certainly does not apply to my car. Pee-car. ugh.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 702 Likes on 349 Posts

OK, in the wrong forum, but the two 914's are
Papa Smurf & Huey. There are reasons behind each name:

One of our friends said our car looked like Smurf Blue and after a bunch of beers and finding out that it was once Nadine's fathers car when stock, it just came out to Papa Smurf.

Huey is more thought out. He's a 1971 914, painted Sunoco Blue and Yellow, the same colors as Mark Donahue's Sunoco 917. So we thought about calling him Donahue. But that sounded much too formal sitting next to Papa Smurf, so again, after a few beers, we shortened it to Huey.

Don't have a name for the 993, or the '69 911 yet. Probably won't either. For some reason, 914's seem to need a name, 911's not so much...they need no introduction.

For those of you that don't know the kids:
Papa Smurf - and Huey.
Attached Images   

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 04-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Mitch Leland
Advanced

No name, but she gets a gentle "pat" on the tail when ever I walk by...
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,060 Likes on 568 Posts

Annabelle.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:26 PM
pojefferson
Rennlist Member

"The Mistress". License plate "MSTRES". Actually, my wife came up with the name. Symbolic of: (A) consuming the balance of my available time, available money, and being the object of continual pampering. The Mistress ALWAYS looks good!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:58 AM
911SC SKI
Advanced

I brought mine home when my three year old son was obsessed with the latest Herbie movie that was just out.

Yep, Herbie it was and Herbie it still is. Damn those headlights!

Quick Reply: Does Your Car Have a NAME?