Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 03:11 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fred
Thanks for the words of advise.I deeply appreciate it-it really does.I guess I am showing my age-This internet stuff has it good and bad in many respects.I really miss the old days of a fax /phone and an ad in a magazine.Now its onto one forum to another to another /off to ebay /then back to some other forum. Faster more, faster, more,now I want it yesterday metality and you better get it 100000000% correct throughout the entire proccess- its all rather silly....and yes i am tired of it also.

As to the Momo wheel - I am not surprized of no burgundy wheels since I have not seen one in years.
Now I have 3 diiferent hides of burgundy to pick from and i can send you samples.
I can recover it withg some limitations - All Momo wheels tended to be bonded with too much glue onto the leather-satuarated in glue is a better term. .So to remove is diificult without destroying the core foam of the wheel grip.I have a Momo Prototipo circa 1977 that i am recovering in Cork leather (for a 79 930 turbo owner)over the old black leather because the old leather will have destroyed the foam upon removal .In this case it ends up just a little thicker in diameter - but the spokes the same since those peel off easy.I always try to remove the original leather but i do it with the permision of the owner knowing full well it may or may not work.Otherwise I sew it up /cover the spokes and its a new wheel.
As for the spokes - I have various ways of making that look better to restore it - I would need to see a picture- Send it to agla@gate.net so i can evaluate it.
Feel free to call me also at 1.800.780.4500
As to the loaner - I can send you any 911 wheel I have here with a horn and it will fit your 911 while we do your wheel .Just pop off the horn and unbolt the wheel .
Again thanks for the kind words.As I was once a 911 targa owner - I knew some of you remember me in a good way .Thanks.... its really cheered me up .
Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 AM
cbush
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see AGLA is a sponsor of Rennlist.

As a testimonial, AGLA recovered the steering wheel for my 1970 911, and did a great job. I was happy with their work at the time, and as the leather has aged over the last 6 years, it is even more perfect. It looks exactly like the factory cover. I am just starting on another project car (75 911) and will definately use them to recover the steering wheel in it also. Since they no longer advertise in Panorama I had to find them on the web and relieved to know they were still in business!

Hang in there Alan, you have a lot of satisfied customers that are counting on you!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:15 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by AGLA
I knew the guys with the real 911's would stand behind me - thanks for your kind words -taking it on the chin is not it -its more like a shock to my system-Will some of you help me - 4/6 rennlisters go on a rant really ripping me a new one. 20 years of doing this and likely 1000's of customers and 6 people slander me/comdemn me .Rennlist and i had a talk today and they are not happy at all with 1-2 persons in particular in rennlist abusing a forum of mine.
I have better things to do than to all day trying to do damage control for the same 4-6 who are going forum by forum trashing AGLA. There are 2 sides to each story and I guess it quite easy to do this in the internet without thinking I may actually fight back.

And yes I do repeat my posts Andreas because its the same Rennlisters trashing me so I copy/paste same ansewer to every forum. I do not have the time to write individual posts to each and every statement
Andreas here suddenly started up and sent same posts to 9-10 forums this evening - so I replied to same ones with same answer.Here it is:

Andreas
l am sorry.Its so easy to pile on and try to get your revenge from one wheel kit. - I have been at this for 20 years . You had an issue with me and i admit I must have gotten it wrong.I am not a expert on 4runners and we blew it - however I do appologize.However I am not a theif nor am I scamming people here.How can I be in business all these years . I reported earlier other rennlist sponsors I know have had issues it happens to all of us.I do businees with 90% of the current sponsors' list - from the largest to the smallest -that a part of any business especailly over a 20 year period -some are not going to be happy - you just can not make each and every customer happy.So some of you have decided to pile on me as if I was never in Porsche Panorama and Excellence for 20 years advertizing without incident and now for 7-8 years in Ebay and the web.So I now come to the 50000 rennlisters and run into some of you who do not like me -It is people/companies like me that are trying to sustain Rennlist.They want me to be here and a have a good experience. So if 5 - 6 of you over a 20 year period of 1000's of customers I have an issue with me don't like me -Fine -I accept it.Now I have seen several of you trash just about every company you can-How can any of us be in business making and selling this stuff if we are just so HORRIBLE.You have not a clue what I have to do making these items.
I am now seeing the same names pop up bad mouthing me since I started to be here in Rennlist. Its easy to pile on in a internet forum and repeat the same story.I have better things to do than to post up emails and letters sent to me many who have been happy with my work.
I am not going away and i will report any of you who do interfere with me being a sponsor to the moderator.Once was fine - but if you insist I will.
So fine go ahead bring it on-I will still be here.

As for the rest of you - feel free to ask me a question such as the Momo owner.Yes Momo has sent me customers over the years under their various owners.So has Nardi.

Alan,
I'll make this very simple. If you want to report me to the forum moderators for telling the TRUTH about my experience with you - go ahead. Have at it. I have nothing to lose. I've contributed a hell of a lot to this forum - you have not.

Fact - I sent the steering wheel from my 4Runner to you based on all of the good things I had read about you. My wheel was faded, but otherwise sound. You ruined the wheel. Yes - you ruined it. If you want to make good on this - buy a new Toyota 4Runner steering wheel and send it to me. Otherwise, I maintain that you screwed me out of quite a bit of money and left me with a pathetic excuse for a recovered steering wheel.

Those are the facts. Feel free to respond as you wish...

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,120 Likes on 802 Posts

Old 03-24-2009, 02:12 PM
AGLA
Former Vendor

cbush
thanks -I will make you again a great wheel
And as for andreas i am trying to take care of him and get him a new wheel .
Old 03-24-2009, 02:24 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AGLA
And as for andreas i am trying to take care of him and get him a new wheel .
Alan,
I'll even help you out. The Toyota part number for a black leather, 4-spoke 4Runner steering wheel is: 451000W090C0.

This was given to me by the Russel Toyota parts department: 410.788.8400.

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 02:49 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Alan, I want a new wheel! Or maybe just the money I spent on your junk.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

It's been long enough. Alan and I exchanged a few emails last month, during which time he continued to state that my replacement wheel was on its way. He's failed to respond since March 29.

With that said, I feel perfectly content calling Alan Gunn a rotten, lying, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well. No further proof is needed.

I sincerely hope that his brief stay on Rennlist cost him dearly. Now and in the future.

Andreas

Last edited by AOW162435; 04-28-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2024, 04:02 PM
964C2Touring
Advanced

Based on personal experience, avoid agla, alan gunn, Custom Steering wheels.
do not use him, quality is poor and he is impossible to reach by phone. Lots of excuses/lies.

Quick Reply: AGLA Steering wheel restoration ,wheel kits,and more