Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

new chip install

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:20 PM
stay6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up new chip install

I am sharing this with all of you because of our common love of the cars. I've had my stock 84 Cab for about 4.5 years, it now has 77K miles. I've always loved the car but felt like it could be just a bit better. Since I have NO money for this kind of thing I finally decided to put a performance chip in it. I did some research and also started a major bruhaha on this website about which is best, trust me, I won't do that again. Long story short, Russell Berry's chip is now in my car. I was immediately excited upon driving it, my wife even noticed a difference from the passenger's side. I had the oil changed today at the local Porsche dealer and I asked them to check my throttle linkage, as I had read about 1/3rd of P cars aren't exactly properly adjusted. They made an adjustment and WOW! I just thought Russell's chip was good until now. I started off in first at a light and mashed it all the way down at about 2K and I got the surprise of my life. This little car came alive like I could not believe. Now I'm leaving work early to go play. Bottom line, check your throttle linkage.
Thanks, Scott
Old 02-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Scott, now get a cat-bypass and the car will rock your world. If you can stand the smell of untreated exhaust the ride is soo worth it. The MaxHPkit chip is worth it's weight in gold. I switched out what Steve Wong called "the best of the stock chips Porsche ever made" for one of Russell's chips and let's just say I deserve the tickets I've gotten.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Scott! Isn't it just nice to peal off . Now get that silly grin off your face, LOL
Old 02-19-2009, 10:49 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,107 Likes on 792 Posts

Wow is that 2 chips Russ has sold ?

I remember him coming on a while back saying he had sold zero of his chips after doing a lot of work . kinda felt bad for the guy really. Sounds like you are pretty happy with it , good for you .
Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by theiceman
Wow is that 2 chips Russ has sold ?

I remember him coming on a while back saying he had sold zero of his chips after doing a lot of work . kinda felt bad for the guy really. Sounds like you are pretty happy with it , good for you .
Clive, let's qualify that first line of yours. He has sold over 700 chips to the 944 type guys. He said he hadn't sold any 911 chips here on Rennlist. His chips are available at several retailers and private shops across the continent.

Am I bias? Yes. I sent my stock chip to Russ and we sent his chip back and forth a few times while dialing it in to my car. End result....A chip matched to exactly what I wanted. I now have a stronger bottom end, a smother power band, and a rev limiter that doesn't kill the car just when things are getting exciting.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:08 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Clive, let's qualify that first line of yours. He has sold over 700 chips to the 944 type guys. He said he hadn't sold any 911 chips here on Rennlist. His chips are available at several retailers and private shops across the continent.

Am I bias? Yes. I sent my stock chip to Russ and we sent his chip back and forth a few times while dialing it in to my car. End result....A chip matched to exactly what I wanted. I now have a stronger bottom end, a smother power band, and a rev limiter that doesn't kill the car just when things are getting exciting.
Correct, little chip traffic from RL, but I also sell through Pelican, Paragon, and Lindsey Racing. Together they have out-sold me on all my chip products. IN fact Lindsey Racing is currently offering a special on the 911MAX chip this month for 199.00. Normal price is 249.00....... if anyone is interested...

Now I just have to get a picture of Douglas to put on my chip boxes since he's my official RL spokes person!

Scott, thank you for the glowing review, I'm glad you are happy with the performance. I'll never get rich selling chips, but when people tell me how much they like my product, it sure puts a big smile on my face!

Regards,
Russell
Old 02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh wow. I would have never heard of maxhp unless you posted, Scott.

No worries about the previous drama over the chip question. You were asking an honest question. The problem is that words like "chip" and "tuning" summon the LFB aka "Kraken". Oh no I just wrote it. Here he comes in 3...2...1..
Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Russ, remember this little chip box? It now houses my stock chip. Your chip is in the car having the time of it's life.
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Oddly enough, over on Pelican LFB actually spoke very well of me and my products, even though he doesn't know me or my products. But yeah, I see him chime in on just about any thread on the planet that has the word chip in it....

oooops, now I said it!

Originally Posted by rusnak
oh wow. I would have never heard of maxhp unless you posted, Scott.

No worries about the previous drama over the chip question. You were asking an honest question. The problem is that words like "chip" and "tuning" summon the LFB aka "Kraken". Oh no I just wrote it. Here he comes in 3...2...1..
Old 02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Russ, remember this little chip box? It now houses my stock chip. Your chip is in the car having the time of it's life.
Did I really send you that box? I don't recall it...

EDIT: AH, is that the box you sent me your original stock chip in?
Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,107 Likes on 792 Posts

Well Glad you are still around Russel. i did know you had sold lots of 944 chips but thought that point was not relevant since this is a 911 board . It was sad to see how excited you were and all the work you did initially that turned into very few RL sales. glda the word is finally getting out .. I would have bought one . if only I could find that darn ECU
Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by rberry951
Oddly enough, over on Pelican LFB actually spoke very well of me and my products, even though he doesn't know me or my products. But yeah, I see him chime in on just about any thread on the planet that has the word chip in it....

oooops, now I said it!
Russell, come on. You know I saw a post like that once, too. I think LFB was off his meds that day. Either that or he just hates you less than he hates Steve...I kid, I kid, ...You just don't tweak the all sacred timing too far. I think that is LFB's sacred cow.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

As Russell stated, we are currently running a special on his 911 chip. It's mentioned right on the front
page of our web site. If your buying through the site, it will state $250 but in the end, you will only
pay the $199. Our site does not charge your credit card during check out, we do that manually when
shipping orders. We will even toss in free domestic ground shipping!
Other 1-405-947-0137
Old 02-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Russell, come on. You know I saw a post like that once, too. I think LFB was off his meds that day. Either that or he just hates you less than he hates Steve...I kid, I kid, ...You just don't tweak the all sacred timing too far. I think that is LFB's sacred cow.

Hey, I got a positive acknowledgement from Loren too, when I elaborated that in the 10 months I've been back in California, Ruby has not received anything less than a 3:1 mix of 91/100 octane to feed the mapping on my Steve Wong chip. Oh, and I drove her almost 5000 miles, so it's not like she ever gets out.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Hey, I got a positive acknowledgement from Loren too, when I elaborated that in the 10 months I've been back in California, Ruby has not received anything less than a 3:1 mix of 91/100 octane to feed the mapping on my Steve Wong chip. Oh, and I drove her almost 5000 miles, so it's not like she ever gets out.
Well I'm glad Loren and I both have your back on the octane issue. Remember the beating I took over my 100 octane find? I've always done $40.00 in 91 at chevron and gone across the street to get $40.00 in 100 at VP Racing.

Quick Reply: new chip install