Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

4 post lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 05:18 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 post lift

I have searched both sites looking and studying what all say about their 4 post storage lift. The sumation is?.......nothing
Some of the cheap lifts are made else where (not here). The one thats 5K, Backyard Buddy is made here. One guy on the other sites that their customer service was less that stellar but a darn fine and SAFE lift.
Bend Pak is made here and there. My automotive writer buddy states that the title Bend Pak doesn't give him to much peace of mind.
Leno uses Bend Pak.....they probalbly gave Jay a bunch for free.
This whole thing is very confusing.

My two cheap bastard neighbors have the $2100.00 models from.....I don't know, somewhere. On all four corners the steel thats holding up the car is welded on tabs with one half inch steel sitting on those tabs. Now this is the only thing between you living and not living or worse yet wrecking the car below? I will not stand under these lifts, to scary.

I think its funny. These guys spend a bunch of money on cars but won't spend the extra for a good lift. There must be five or more companies selling "their brand" of lift.

This is giving me a headache
Old 02-08-2009, 05:28 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Bend Pak"???? I agree, WTF?!?

Why not name a 4 post lift something that inspires confidence?
Old 02-08-2009, 05:53 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Ya......like man lift or tough lift. There are some that are wide enough to drop a flat six between the ramps, more investigation needed. At the end of the month I'm off to the cattle ranch in Arizona, I love that stuff. Boots, hats, jeans and riding to include getting dirty and some nice cattle dogs. If I could just kick the Porsche habit I would buy a ranch in a heart beat. I know, Porsches and horses like a Dennys combo platter. I spend far to much time on these Porsche websites looking at things I don't need to buy. Storage lift indeed........
Old 02-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Bend Pak has a stellar reputation, IMO. I studied the mid-rise scenario and bought one from them a few years ago. It is extremely well made. It is a couple of notches above Harbor Freight, again IMO. Most "heavy steel" products are coming in nowadays with "funny symbols" on them. I know of a few racers in Dallas that were very happy with the lifts they got from Panther Lifts. Not sure if you've searched them out.

I suppose you're looking at 4 post for parking two cars? They are the least desireable for doing work on the cars as I find that taking wheels off is a pretty common need, for me at least, and 4 posts don't help you there.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 PM
roger's 2937
Instructor

Talking

I used a 4 post Bend Pak for years and loved it and a friend of mine that has one likes his also. The shipping was free too.

Roger B.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:23 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have the headroom, you can get an Eagle 9,000 lb, Asymmetric floor plate lift (hydraulic lines run on the bottom) for around $1500.00 delivered. They usually advertise a special on Ebay. If you contact them directly, they will most likely give you the sale price if the lift you want is similar.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Hooverwi
Instructor

My father has a Backyard Buddy lift in his garage - I use it all the time - it's great. He and I both recommend them to anyone who asks - Zero issues in 6 years.

Quick Reply: 4 post lift