Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1983 Sc repaint help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

I stand corrected on the color white for 1983 SC I did find the Alpine white (code L90E) as the only white on one site, but every other site I visited listed Gran Prix (code L908) as the proper white for 1983. There was another white called cream but I have not seen any cars painted that color. I additionally learned the the Fuchs provided as an option in 1983 had polished wings with only the background center painted gloss black. Guess I will polish my wagon wheels. Still looking fo two 16" x 8 in wide Fuchs in good to better condition. Thanks again for all the comments. I'm getting excited about the re-paint. hopefully it won't take longer than 3 weeks.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:05 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing a thread either here at rennlist or P, about a guy wanting to paint his car the whitest white. I think he ended up going with Grand Prix White but he had his paint guy do the mix without the yellow. It turned out very white and bright.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsixnut
I remember seeing a thread either here at rennlist or P, about a guy wanting to paint his car the whitest white. I think he ended up going with Grand Prix White but he had his paint guy do the mix without the yellow. It turned out very white and bright.
As I said before, your car looks great. Is it the original paint (which would be amazing) or a re-paint, and if so when was it re=painted and is it the standard Gran Prix white?

By the way are you originally from the Tampa area? I retired from the Air Force in 1987 out of Patrick and also had two tours at Homestead. I am also a native Floridan, born in Lakeland, just after the invention of electricity. Only lived there for six weeks.

Quick Reply: 1983 Sc repaint help