Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My first drive in a mid-80s Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:32 AM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My first drive in a mid-80s Carrera

I currently own a '95 993 but I've always lusted after a mid-80s Carrera. I finally had my first drive in one today, a black/black '87, and it was a blast! Other than the much heavier steering and the higher clutch engagement point of the Carrera, the two cars are more similar than I would have imagined. I was also impressed with how tight the car still felt given its 22 year age. The car was for sale, but the owner wanted over $20K for it (with about 113K miles on the clock, although the car did come with a big stack of service records dating back to when the car was new). Given the economy and the fact that I just bought my 993 at the end of last year, I don't think a Carrera is in the cards in the near term. But I'm hoping to have one in my driveway at some point in the future. A truly great car.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've owned my car for two years now and it still puts a smile on my face every time I fire her up.

I keep her in a shed that I built for her on the side of my house. When I swing open the door to the shed and see the shape of her rear end under the blankets that keep her warm it's 1988 all over again. I'm 21 all over again. The 20 years that have come and gone have vanished. It's not until she is back in the shed, blankets on and door closed that I remember that I'm a cardiac out patiant with six kids and I am morgaged up the wazoo.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:53 PM
a 911 Widebody
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE= It's not until she is back in the shed, blankets on and door closed that I remember that I'm a cardiac out patiant with six kids and I am morgaged up the wazoo.[/QUOTE]

lol, I find this funny only because I too have 6 kids and a wazoo deap morgage

Quick Reply: My first drive in a mid-80s Carrera