Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Carrera 3.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrera 3.2

If this has been posted then please forgive. On Pelican there is a fellow writing about a new website for '84 thru '89 Carreras (3.2).
He has T shirts and decal in the pipeline.
Finally a website for my favorite Porsche.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:23 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the web address?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That just sounds tacky to me. Rennlist is just such a site and I would think we would stay loyal to it or just quietly go away. It is strange enough to me that Pelican is a sponsor here. If Rennlist isn't for 3.2's then nothing is.

I know some of the guys in OT that visit another site on a regular basis, and I even tried it, but to promote it here is just outside of what I personally would be able to do.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Brads911sc
Racer

Agree. Its like we are in high school again. I personally only want to go to one site.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
elpresidente
Racer

Wow, you guys are dramatic. Cheating on Rennlist by going to another enthusiast site? God forbid! LOL. It's all in fun. Why would it be strange that Pelican sponsor on here. Pelican sells parts, Rennlist doesn't. That's the business and that's what goes to maintaing the forums there. No different than when you tout Automotion or Performance parts or whatever all over Rennlist in your posts.

Anyway, here is an e-mail that the site organizer sent out today. You see, it's no big deal:

Welcome to 32C - the Carrera 3.2L owners group!

I just wanted to send you a quick email to thank you again for your enthusiasm for 32C - the group for owners and lovers of the 1984-1989 911 Carrera 3.2L. In just a few days we have more than 100 members, from all across the USA and Canada, plus Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany and Belgium. (I hope I'm not forgetting anyone!) That's awesome, and I'm sure we'll just keep getting bigger and bigger.

A couple notes:

WE ARE NOT FOR PROFIT:
32C is a not-for-profit group. I am not doing it to make money and I will not profit from it. Any revenue that comes from the sale of shirts, decals, or any other 32C-related activities goes to fund the group. That's it. If there is any left over, it will be donated to charity. That said, we have a lot planned (as I will get into in a moment) so although membership in the group is absolutely free, I urge you to support 32C by buying the t-shirts and the decals and so forth, because setting up and running these things can get costly in a hurry. I've already put a significant investment of my own money into it, and my personal resources are fairly limited. So thanks in advance for your support!

POOLED RESOURCES:
If you want to help with the group, we want it and need it! Maybe you're a writer, or a web programmer, or own a company that makes decals. Maybe you have a dyno you could use for product evaluations, or know some fantastic roads in your area that would be great for drives or rallies. Whatever it is, even if it's just ideas or feedback, your help (and also your criticisms) are always appreciated. Also, if you know or meet anyone who owns or loves the 1984-1998 Carrera 3.2L, get them to sign up! The more people we have, the better.

OUR "RIVALRY" with 911SC WDP:
Also, although I'm sure it goes without saying, our "rivalry" with the "911SC World Domination Plot" group is meant to be amusing and is carried out in a completely tongue-in-cheek manner. I have spoken to Shane at 911SC WDP and he not only understands the spirit of the smack-talking, he relishes it. So enjoy the heck out of it, but always remember that the rivalry is a fraternal one and meant to be funny, not mean-spirited.

Okay, here is what we have planned:

I have registered www.32carrera.com, which will serve as our group web site. I am working on the storyboard of a design at the moment, plus creating content, but it might be a bit of time before it is fully up and running. One of the other 32C members is going to be helping me with it, but if you have any specific things you want to see included, speak up! 32C is your group and www.32carrera.com is your web site! Of course, the site will evolve over time and become better and better and bigger and bigger, with more and more information. I would truly like it to evolve into THE definitive source for information about the 911 Carrera 3.2L

EVENTS:
We are going to be planning a bunch of 32C events, such as drives, tours, rallies, track events, paddock clubs at various races, and the like. Some of these will be "team competitions" between us and the 911SC-WDP. Some of them may be in conjunction with other clubs and groups, but they will primarily be events that we create. (I have rented racetracks before for various other groups and know how to make that kind of thing happen, and it's always a lot of fun, so if you're a track junkie like me, I'll try to do everything I can to make you happy!) Also, I'm sure a lot of your will use 32C as an excuse to get together regionally with other 32C members and organize your own events.

NEWSLETTER:
We are going to be preparing a quarterly newsletter specifically relating the Carrera 3.2L and members of the group. It will be send via email in PDF format. This will include event notifications and reports, but also news and history of the 3.2L Carrera and news and developments relating to the group. We plan on eventually doing actual product evaluations, including dyno runs for power enhancements, reports on suspension, body and other modifications, etc. (It's actually fairly ambitious, and if you can offer any help or reports in this regard, don't hold back, but I think the effort required will ultimately be worthwhile.) I'm scheduling a Porsche 911 Carrera vs. Ferrari 308GTS road test as we speak. The newsletter will also relate stories about the history of the 1984-1989 Carrera 3.2L, features on specific cars and their owners, etc.

Hmmm... I think that's about it for now. Oh! One note about your privacy: I collect personal information for use of the club ONLY. I will never, under any circumstances, release any of your personal or contact information to ANY outside party for ANY reason. And although I will keep you apprised to the best of my ability about things happening with the group, I will not bombard you with hundreds of useless emails. We'll keep the communication as lean as we can so it doesn't get irritating.

Call or email me any time if you need anything, and don't forget to buy t-shirts and decals so I don't go bankrupt! LOL

Citius, Fortius, Melior,

Paul Misencik
Event Director

The 2009 Carolina Trophy
Sponsored by Premier Financial Services
13532 Waverton Lane
Huntersville, NC 28078 USA
Tel: +1 (704) 351 2087
paul@carolinatrophy.com
www.carolinatrophy.com
Old 02-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Brads911sc
Racer

Not about cheating... that is dramatic... Its about my time... and I dont have time to search two or three sites to develop friendships and get answers to tech difficulties I have. In my opinion, having a site for every model, dilutes everyones knowledge base. Not interested. Thats what makes Rennlist and Pelican so awesome.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Too funny....The link doesn't work. Post fail.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Holy Crap Paul that is just too much damn reading
Old 02-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

This new one is more of a user's list, which most models already have. For whatever reason, the 84-89 Carrera owners never organized.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:29 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not into clubs so much. I get the Rennlist thing after being a free member for a few months. I see no harm in buying a t shirt or something, but I'm not really clear on why I would join this.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:14 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

I admit to looking around at other sites from time to time. I have been around Rennlist since before it was ever web based, it was mailing lists back then and there was no real forum, you would read through all the email to find what you wanted.
I am looking for a technical forum as that is where my interests lie mostly and this has become more of a social club than a technical forum. That is probably the natural direction and there is nothing wrong with that but just not where my interests lie. These days you have to search through to find the technical posts amongst the other stuff. If any one knows of a good technical forum for SCs and carreras please pass it along .

Thanks guys .
Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 AM
elpresidente
Racer

Ice,
Although I'm a relative noob, I agree with you. I usually come to RL for the novelty and social aspect, which it appears this site morphed into. The 911 forum here is anemic and I'm not quite sure why. OT is the most active forum here with 1.2 million posts. Don't get me wrong, it is neat to talk about other topics with people that have the same thing in common, enthusiasm for Porsches. If I want technical discussions or classified searches I go to the "other" site, or come here and search for Pete's posts. I also tend to participate more by "giving back" over there because of all of the knowledge I've gleaned off from that site. Overall, RL is great, I get a lot out of it, and it's fun. Heck, I wouldn't have renewed my membership if I didn't think so.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just realized that all the "true" 911 fans post on Pelican.

I was wondering why it is so slow on this board.......afterall, there are more 911's than 964/993/996/997's but those forums are full of posters unlike this one.

I figured that maybe the older guys had the 911's and weren't up to speed with computers.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

First of all, some of you are taking the new site a little seriously. The guy who started it is really trying to get an alliance of Carrera owners together. It seems that most of the other series have registry's etc. It is what it is, and isn't for everyone.

Secondly, the sheer number of 911 enthusiasts on Pelican will mean that if you want answers to questions, good-bad or otherwise, that is definitely the place that will deliver. You'll learn soon who to trust and who not to. It is definitely a faster moving site. A post can end up on the 2nd or 3rd page in a matter of hours.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
elpresidente
Racer

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
First of all, some of you are taking the new site a little seriously.
+1

Quick Reply: Carrera 3.2