Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

SC owners - we need you.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 PM
BlackPearl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
hey good point I just got that .... but there is no proof SC stands for Super Carrera anyway, as much as admited to by Porsche. People just like to think it does .
Okay, I'll bight: if it doesn't stand for Super Carrera, then what does it stand for, 'superior car'? I'll check to see where it is, but I've actually seen lit. indicating it stands for 'Super Carerra' from the folks in Weissach.

My understanding is, after the success of the Euro Carrera 3.0 in the mid 70's, they developed the Super Carrera for U.S. an R.O.W. markets. Any historians out there to confirm?

As for the spelling: badge is correct, shirts .... uh, oops! I'll get the shirt when the 'correction' is done.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

I'd always heard that Porsche was really hesitant to hang the Carrera moniker on the SC's as they didn't want to cheapen the name. It wasn't until '84 that they were confident in their offering to unveil the name again.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:12 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, boy, I can't believe I am about to post this here, but here goes...

I am kind of amused at the number of requests I have had from guys wanting to buy one of the, um, "collector's" edition SCWDP shirts... At first I thought everyone was joking, but now realize some of you were not at all. That said, we have decided to set up a new entry in the store at www.scwdp.com where these, uh, rather unique pieces will be for sale for a very short time... read that as Monday morning. I have to send the rest of the misprints back to Georgia and so I need to know by then how many are going back. Yes friends, it is not too early to think about that SC buddy of yours and what to get him/her for a gag gift for Christmas or whatever...

Bob is setting up the store info right now and it should be ready any minute. Heaven help us...
Old 02-22-2009, 11:22 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,107 Likes on 792 Posts

From what i have read the SC doesn't realy stand for anything. I guesss ome people think it has to stand for something. I am involved in a lot of design work and quite often we apply different letters as we change revs of design before the final static document. This is the type of discusion that can go on forever really with different opinions. I do have an SC , but i would be very hesitant personally to say it stands for Super Carrera . I realize i am in the minority however. That is like saying the 77 911s stands for the 911 super and even the 356 A B and C stand for something.

I think it is a nice idea to think about but i think it is a WANT to belive it stands for this , not necesarily fact.. okay guys flame away .. i am such a traitor.... I know ....
Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

no way... you must be wrong iceman. you must be wrong...
Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,107 Likes on 792 Posts

oh I very well could be

I just like the discusion on it ....

Quick Reply: SC owners - we need you.