Buick Fuel Injectors in 3.2 $24.99 with new Seals

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 10:13 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Buick Fuel Injectors in 3.2 $24.99 with new Seals

Concours Guys, Close your Eyes

Yes, I pulled the trigger and purchased the Refurbed Bosch Fuel Injectors OEM Buick (0280 150 364). Sal was absolutely correct they fit perfectly and for extra measure the guys at Motorman double checked the flow on each before sending them out to me. I told them I am the Guinee Pig for your guys

Reason I changed them, I placed a DVM to the O2 Sensor pulled the connectors off each one and #2 caused the idle to go richer then the rest so I suspected an bad injector.

It took only 1 hour and no engine drop. Started with driver side, you must disconnect the fuel line at the regulator and Y. Passanger side, I took Sal's advise and just loosened the modulator and rail harnesses, the rail lifted right up, Thanks Sal.

The old ones were a PITA to remove and I had to use a screw driver to pry them out. Use the screw driver, take my word for it or my cracked knuckles on the first one I tried.

Once removed, the old ones were clean at the tips probably because of the SeaFoam I used, but the plastic tips were reddish brown in color and appeared to be varnished. (pics to follow) There were a bunch of carbon surrounding it.

The Buick Injectors are a PERFECT FIT. One must make certain the injectors sit up on the rails so the retaining clips will go on and snap in place.

While I was in there, I swapped out the piece of crap Bosch Platinum +4's with NGK Iridiums ($2.99, I think it's a miss-price, don't tell Auto Zone). This also allowed time for the spilled fuel to dry out

Once I was convinced the spilled fuel was dry, I started her with only half of the NGK plugs installed. She did not turn over right away. It took three tries then Varoom. Nice and Steady. I had a big grin on my face

Checked for Fuel Leaks. GOOD TO GO

Installed the remaining NGKs. To my amazement, she started right up. I am not imagining this, the starter barely made a full revolution before she kicked in and with never before vigor. I was taken back by this because she used to take 3 revolutions before the starter would start the car.

It has been 3 days, and no leak, instant start ups, fantastic runs via throttle response, smooth idle.

I do have on occassion trickle down on the RPM's where the O2 Sensor at stop would lean her out due to richness. But I suspect a fuel pressure issue. But the Fuel Injector with maybe help from the NGKs is keeping the trickle down to a minimum and only to 800RPMs . Prior to the swap out she would trickle down to 750 RPMs a forced lean due to rich Air Fuel mixture at idle.

I will post pics of the old injectors but Sal has posted the Buick Injectors.

I am super pleased, Two Thumbs Up on the Buick Injectors. BOSCH 364's you got to ask for them by name or MotorMan will send you the plastic tipped one's.

Thanks again Sal!

$162 = 6 Injectors Shipped
$000 = Set of New Seals ( included )

DIY Priceless

Last edited by DRACO A5OG; 01-16-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

Cool.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:52 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

still too early to tell, but this could be an upgrade because the new Bosch injectors have an improved tip that is supposed to prevent carbon build up due to heat soaking.

As you have uncovered, the original injectors are NLA because they have had too high failure rate.

I wonder if the CO mixture needs to be adjusted now?
Old 01-17-2009, 11:46 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Draco, am I understanding you and Sal correctly? On the "other site" the injectors retail for $118.00 each? Retail mark up is usually 40% +/-. The Buick injector is $24? And they plug right in?
I need to start an account at IMC. I'm getting taken to the cleaners.
Correct me if I am not understanding.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:08 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Originally Posted by rusnak
still too early to tell, but this could be an upgrade because the new Bosch injectors have an improved tip that is supposed to prevent carbon build up due to heat soaking.

As you have uncovered, the original injectors are NLA because they have had too high failure rate.

I wonder if the CO mixture needs to be adjusted now?
A "ROGER" as a good alternative FI for our 3.2's, I will follow-up post next month. I have a 1 year warranty on these anyways.

Yes, indeed Rusnak these tips are the inverted metal ( aluminum I think ) tip cone similar to what I heard to the improved FI for our P-cars which does resist heat soaking/sink.

Yes, NLA on the 158's OEM, Motorman won't even resell them but will refurb with no guarantees. $20-25 plus S&H each is a waste of money and time

Actually, since my baby ran rich anyways, when Sal mentioned that his foundings showed a 1/10 leaner runs, It convinced me. I too confirm a slight leaner mixture. But still too rich at stops but during runs she is true so it must be a fuel pressure issue now.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Originally Posted by cal44
Draco, am I understanding you and Sal correctly? On the "other site" the injectors retail for $118.00 each? Retail mark up is usually 40% +/-. The Buick injector is $24? And they plug right in?
I need to start an account at IMC. I'm getting taken to the cleaners.
Correct me if I am not understanding.
Cal44,

Yes, new is $118.00 each and OEM Updated Cone $180.00+ I believe.

$24.99 for "REFURBISHED" Buick OEM Bosch 364's plus NEW SEALs. I think this is a bargain.

Yes sir, plug right in no mess no fuss. They will actually fit too good compared to the OEM's that were stuck in by carbon. I do have to note the terminals were slightly bent up and down, possibly due to bench testing each injector per my request. No Problem just bent them perpendicular and snapped right in.

OEM New will cost over $100+, If your clients do not mind saving money and 1 year warranty on parts, I see why you need to pay so much. Speak to Rob or Howard the Owner. They have tons of these 364's, but you have to ask for them because their sight shows NLA.

Hey Cal44, what kind of horse do you ride? I had Arabians, Quarter Horse and my Step-Pops loved his Appy.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:43 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I miss the doggie dog.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:46 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Originally Posted by rusnak
I miss the doggie dog.
???
Old 01-17-2009, 03:00 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Cal's dog in his avatar. Looks really smart like mine.

Last edited by rusnak; 03-05-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:08 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Oh I see the smaller horse, LOL.

I use to whistle at my Arab and she use to gallop to me. I just couldn't teach her how to sit and stay. She did roll though. I miss her
Old 01-17-2009, 04:02 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

O.K, I will place Scout back on the avatar for a while and yes, he is smart. But not dog smart like sit up or roll over. Instead Scout plays me like a rented fiddle. I do what he wants and thats the end of it. I've had kids and dogs...........I'd rather have a dog.

Draco, my wife has a Missouri Fox Trotter, I don't have horse, but, if I had a four legged critter it would be a mule. Then the mule could play me as well.
Thanks for all of the information
Old 01-17-2009, 04:24 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Ha!! Scout is great!

Last edited by rusnak; 03-05-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Brads911sc
Racer

Do similar issues exist with the 3.0 (83 SC) OEM injectors? Or is this a 3.2 only issue? What is the site?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:20 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

for some reason the 911sc injectors are not rebuildable, at least according to witchhunter.com
http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorfaq1.php4
Old 01-17-2009, 09:14 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Motorman.com

or go to their product list page, http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.co...ge/5522851.htm

Talk to Ronb or Howard they can direct you.

Quick Reply: Buick Fuel Injectors in 3.2 $24.99 with new Seals