Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Buick Fuel Injectors in 3.2 $24.99 with new Seals

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SC injectors are completely different. CIS vs. Motronic. CIS does not open and close the injector like a 3.2. Any info found on a carrera's injectors probably will not translate to SC 's.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

I developed a leak on #1.

Apparently my mistake, I damaged the upper Oring when I pushed down on the injector with the rail.

This time I took the entire rail off and reinstalled the injectors. I did not have extra O rings so I reused the old one. NOTE the old O rings seem to be a bit thicker so the injectors fit tighter.

I would recommend buying the OEM Orings as back up just incase your old Oring are in fact thicker.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Draco,
I found on other injectors I've had recon'd that MOST of the time they were more of a rubber-compound, like normal. Some of the ones I had done, and some of the aftermarket seals were more like the consistency of the green fake-plant foam, that "mushed" into place - one time use only. Very easy to damage before you even get them inserted. Were these the rubber-type that got rolled / clipped, or the crappo-mush kind, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:16 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Hey Fred,

They are actually black rubber type O rings. Motorman is send me one size larger to insure it will not leak. But today so far so good, no leaks.

I did notice though the OEM's are harder and thicker compared to the replacements. i mean I stretch the news pretty easily as oppoed to the OEM's that were pretty solid.

Quick Reply: Buick Fuel Injectors in 3.2 $24.99 with new Seals