Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

immerged vehicule how are your laws?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 12:24 AM
am
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy immerged vehicule how are your laws?

I wanted to know how were your laws about an immerged vehicule.
Here is why : i'm looking to buy a 1999 911 for around $11 000 us, it has only 40 000 miles BUT, the vehicle has been stolen and found but they found it with the rear in the water. No water went in the engine neither in the passenger compartment. The car is in almost perfect running condition. Here in the province of Quebec, Canada, as soon as there is a reclamation to the insurance for a car that has been in the water(not salted water), even if it is minor in this case, we can't register it here anymore. So the car is sold for parts or exportation . Unless i find a way to do something else, i don't know what nor how.
Did anybody heard of that before ? How is it in your country, state or province?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:02 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,107 Likes on 792 Posts

Well on a 99 if you find water in the oil .... ..... ah forget it ....
Old 01-13-2009, 01:51 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Ours is supposed to go to a salvage title if it is totalled by an insurance company. But, if a private owner had an uninsured car that was damaged thusly, or they didn't want the salvage title status, they could repair and sell. I suppose that is fraud, but it wouldn't be the first time. Back when Hurricane Katrina and the one that hit Texas occurred, a lot of water-damaged vehicles were sent north to places like Chicago so they had a better chance of not being scrutinized or discovered.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:31 AM
SirPzalot
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy It ,and part it out. saving the engine for a clean title car.........
Old 01-13-2009, 11:33 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Sounds a bit "Risky" to me
Old 01-13-2009, 01:21 PM
am
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot to mention that my interest in that car was to own it and be able to drive it and not to resell it. Like i said it has been found only with the rear in the water, and to see a car that quality with no appearence of getting in the water and in such a good condition finishing parted out is almost a crime. Altough i must admit that i tought a second of an engine swap in a 1970 911T, anybody heard about this. The 996 is located at a specialized place where they sell accidented cars and i'm planning to go take a look in person next weekend.

Quick Reply: immerged vehicule how are your laws?