Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

anyone with aftermarket seats post pics....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 997for40
nice pic ed....is the ride height same as stock seats?

by the way...did you already receive the fuchs from jeff. I'm also interested in getting them, probably the next run.

Probably an inch or so lower with the Recaros. I've not gotten the wheels yet, estimated ship date is the end of this month.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Those are the rules that have been in effect for a while now around here.

I Like my Kirkey's but it's a dedicated track car
Old 01-12-2009, 08:28 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911tracker85
911vet,
I belong to the OVR region, I suspect you are midohio region. wonder if we have ever been at MidOhio at the same DE?
Hey, great! I plan to be at MidOhio as much as possible this year, hopefully we'll end up there together.

I'm new to DE - so you should take what I say with a grain of salt. But I got a lot of good advice prior to buying my current setup so I'll pass on what I know (or think I know).

when they have posted these new (08) rules in our PCA mag, they also 'RECOMMEND' you get a rollbar to complete the 'system'.
I have a Cabriolet so there was no choice for me. I have a DAS bolt in roll bar. There are pros and cons, but having it allows you to shorten the length of the shoulder straps on the harness. From what I've read, the slack from a long strap is one of the major points of failure. So shorter is better in this case

You can't attach a harness to a guide bar with the exception of the Brey Krause Harness Truss. It's $600, which is close to the price of a roll bar. (I bought my roll bar used for $600).

I guess you have to look at the attachment of the BK Truss and decide for yourself if it's superior to a roll bar. Personally, I don't see how it is. But some people think the bolt in roll bars aren't "worthy."

I talked to the guys at DAS and they said there has never been a report of their roll bar coming loose from the car in a roll over. In fact, they have had Coupes do a roll over and the roof collapse around the bar. The bars have even been able to be reused in another vehicle. That's impressive.

On the racing forum, there are members who think the bolts will shear off with a bolt in. DAS says they have NO report of that ever happening. They send 10.9 ga bolts for attachment. If someone used lesser mounting hardware, it might be a problem. Whatever you get - use the right stuff to install it.

seats and harness will hold you erect, and a roll over could crush roof and you cannot layover as with 3pt OEM. from what I have read the rollbar is not mandatory, but I accept the logic and in process of getting a rollbar/cage.
From what I've heard, if you end up upside down, the harness will not hold you to the seat... your head can make impact with the bar or roof. That's why it is suggested that all bars are padded.

already got an R3.
I have been considering one of those vs a HANS. How do you like it?

It's a ridiculous slippery slope, ain't it? When I was a kid, we used to climb from seat to seat in the station wagon and never wore a seat belt. Now I plan to have a fixed back seat, 6pt harness, roll bar, seat back brace, and HANS.

fit is a concern as I am 6'4" and 36" waist.
I was moving toward a pair of Sparco Evo2, but then began to reconsider reclining.
My friend has a pair of Evos. They are very nice. That's what I was going to buy when the Recaros came along. And they make the Evo in a wider version.

but now that I am going with a roll bar/cage, the back seat area will be so full having reclining seats for acces may really be a non-issue.
You are right about that. The roll bar pretty much eats up the rear space. And, if you have a Coupe, you will have to remove your front seat(s) to install a roll bar. It's the perfect time to install new seats.

I'd suggest doing it all at once because fitting size Large Evo seats might be a bugger in your 911. That's what I've heard.

Here's some pics of my friend's 964 w/ Evos and Sparco Harnesses. He has since installed a BK Truss Bar (shown below).
Attached Images    

Last edited by 911vet; 01-12-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sparcos are AWESOME - that's what I chose for a little car that I built in 2000...
Attached Images   
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
rothaus
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here my Corbeau
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 PM
stormmaster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a set of free Recaro LS seats a while back and had them recovered ...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: anyone with aftermarket seats post pics....