Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help in LA/Costa Mesa Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

It looks from the pics like a fairly unmolested car. I've never seen leather seats with 140k on them that looked that good. (The rear "Porsche" decal needs to go, however!)
Old 01-10-2009, 01:47 AM
chrisdaniel1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the update: PPI was very strong, couple niggling things like needs alignment, antenna not retracting, interior lights not working with door switches, etc. but engine, suspension, cosmetics, etc. very strong.

Opinions on this - inspector said transmission whine in gears 2-5. Truspeed has $4K bill for trans. rebuild Jan. 2008. Is this any concern at all? My '72 T whined all the time (ok, maybe that was my wife complaining about no a/c, airbags, etc...) but it was worn for sure although it never gave trouble.

I agree with the script on the boot lid. Either needs a plain reflector ($300!!) or script, not both. The ducktail does need repainting per Truspeed, so I'll have to decide.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

The PPI tells you there's a whine in the trans....it should be a concern, that's what you paid for. Search on Pete Zimmermann's posts on trans rebuilding, and you'll see it isn't something for the meek or timid, and requires some specialized tools to do properly. That is not to say yours wasn't done correctly, it may be fine. I'd just look into it. My '84 has no whine.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 AM
chrisdaniel1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is mine! Very fair price and everything on the PPI will be fixed prior to delivery. I spoke with the inspector re the transmission whine and he suggested changing the transmission fluid but felt the 'box was solid. The 'box was rebuilt with new parts at a reputable Porsche shop.

I would just add to the extensive positive feedback on Truspeed on the 'List. It was undoubtedly the best car buying experience ever. I paid exactly what I expected to, no haggling. And when I suggested we negotiate and I would take care of the little things like bulbs and foglight lenses, they wouldn't hear of it. Their attitude is that you receive a turn-key, as new as possible, car. Great operation.

Thanks everyone for their comments. Next post will be a new thread with pics!

Quick Reply: Help in LA/Costa Mesa Area