Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sears Floor Jack

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

".....It's so unusual to buy something made in China. If I worked for Sears I would think about seeking other employment as I don't believe they are going to be around long.
We just bought a Sears stove and it wasn't cheap. I put it in myself so during the unpacking guess what I noticed..."

Cal44: Did you mean to say "unusual"? I did a comparison of the tools sold at Harbor Freight and those being sold at Sears....and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between most of the wrenches and sockets. It looks like Sears has outsourced a whole lot of its product manufacturing to China....like many companies are doing now adays to increase profit margins. We're dealing with self inflicted gunshot wounds in an economy that's already in trouble....I'm surprised the unions haven't raised more hell over all the outsourcing...and I'm not a union guy. The problem is also compounded by the fact that the Chinese are noted for cutting corners on quality control to reduce THEIR production costs.. = inferior products or products that contain contaminants.

In your particular case, I would hope that Sears hasn't outsourced their public relations and does something about that jack....but it did come with a one year warranty....however hopefully they'll try to keep a valuable customer seeing that their sales have dropped drastically. In this economy (look at the auto industry)....It's major A$$ kissing time and sucking up to the customer to induce sales.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:23 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck, oh yes, I meant unusual. I am sarcastic at times. Funny you bring up customer service. Sears has outsourced their call center to....well.......I couldn't understand them so I don't know where it was.
Now that I am over my angst its just pathedic.

Quick Reply: Sears Floor Jack