Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Does Anyone Else Do This?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 01:41 AM
RacerX1166
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Does Anyone Else Do This?

Now that my Carrera is in storage, I've found myself looking more and more at the Classifieds stalking a new acquisition. I'll chalk it up to withdrawal since I can't drive my car so I have that 'being without' feeling that wouldn't be sated with a new purchase since the weather here wouldn't allow me to drive anything I went out and purchased now.

I have to laugh at myself because, this time last year, I would find myself looking for new guns to purchase. Another case of weather preventing me from using the perfectly acceptable items already in my possession.

Just one of those odd things I've noticed on a quiet evening.

That being said, after my relocation is complete (and having two mortgages is over) I would seriously consider the purchase of a car for DE use. The car that I bought is just a bit too nice to throw on a track; something I would definite enjoy from time to time.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:42 AM
rbuswell
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Human nature

Originally Posted by RacerX1166
Now that my Carrera is in storage, I've found myself looking more and more at the Classifieds stalking a new acquisition. I'll chalk it up to withdrawal since I can't drive my car so I have that 'being without' feeling that wouldn't be sated with a new purchase since the weather here wouldn't allow me to drive anything I went out and purchased now.

I have to laugh at myself because, this time last year, I would find myself looking for new guns to purchase. Another case of weather preventing me from using the perfectly acceptable items already in my possession.

Just one of those odd things I've noticed on a quiet evening.

That being said, after my relocation is complete (and having two mortgages is over) I would seriously consider the purchase of a car for DE use. The car that I bought is just a bit too nice to throw on a track; something I would definite enjoy from time to time.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!
I'm not even done spiffing up my '82 SC and I'm already thinking of a rust-free 914 to convert into a six cylinder DE/track car. I think it's just natural to think about the next big thing.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 79 930 that would be perfect for you- I'm in NJ and you are close to Pocono (my car's favorite local track to stretch his legs) You can see him run at you-tube- Bob930
Old 12-25-2008, 11:56 AM
J-F-O
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX1166
I have the same problem. My therapy is to collect die-cast miniatures of Porsche's
Keeps me busy and out of trouble...

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Else Do This?