Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default THE SPRING BREAK-OUT

THE SPRING BREAK-OUT

A track junkies kick start to the driving season

February 28/March 1, 2009

Portland International Raceway (Oregon)

Break the Winter Blues. By late February my car has been sitting the garage longing to be set free for almost 4 months. Let's help our prancing steeds get some aerobic exercise to begin the driving season. Join us for a completely new event in 2009 on February 28 and March 1st at Portland International Raceway.

The program will consist of two days of HPDE (High Performance Driver Education) and Autocross. In addition we have a 2 day Dinner and Speaker program planned at the event hotel in Jantzen Beach (about a mile from the track) with a guest speaker each night. Friday Tom Kotzian, SCCA Solo II National Champion and Saturday Cindi Lux, Professional Race Driver and Driving Coach will share their wisdom and stories with us. We have negotiated a special rate with the hotel and reserved a block of rooms. The room block and event rate expire January 27th so register for the event and get your room booked ASAP.

This weekend will also include our annual HPDE instructors clinic along with an open lapping day (no Novice Drivers or instruction) as well as adding a Time Trial to the Saturday HPDE for those of you that want to compete...Sunday will feature a fully instructed HPDE that will include the opportunity for Novice drivers to gain some track experience under the guidance of our instructors.

Each day the Autocross program will feature our Driver Skills Clinic (DSC) in the AM along with competition in the afternoons. Our DSC is geared toward handling abrupt emergency type maneuvers needed to avoid accidents on the road. This will make you a better driver on the road without question. Our afternoon autocross is a timed competition designed to put those skills to practice in a challenging driving situation. Cars are classed so you will compete with other cars like yours. We generally see between 6-8 runs for each driver. The speeds are fairly low but it does feel fast as the course is generally very tight. At the finish line we always see adrenaline induced big smiles.

Registration will be online at www.motorsportsreg.com beginning January 5th. The cost is variable, provided by a menu of the various event selections so you can choose when and what you want to do.

Please check the ORPCA website (www.oregonpca.org) as we develop this event through the winter, if your questions are not answered contact:

Don Clinkinbeard or Gary Chapman
ORPCA HPDE Chair ORPCA Autocross Chair
Dechair@oregonpca.org drchapman@chapmansmiles.com

For registration questions or assistance:
Britain Smith
Event Registrar
Britain@britainsmith.com
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Registration is now open
Old 01-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Why so late?

I'm registered for POC's STS#1 Jan 24-25.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Why so late?

I'm registered for POC's STS#1 Jan 24-25.
Hi Ed,

Well ... I don't make the plans, I just tell others about it. Are you going to come up the the Glorious Pacific NW?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Just kidding, we've got the luxury of year round track days.

I play hell meshing my work travel with SoCal trackdays, so I doubt I'll make it to Pac NW. I may shoot for Laguna this year.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:05 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

We are filling fast. It looks to be a great time.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:58 AM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Registration Closes 2/21!!

Time is running out!!

Quick Reply: THE SPRING BREAK-OUT