am I nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001 | 01:08 AM
nostatic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Randall Granaas:
<STRONG>
Regardless, unless I had a need for the back seat, I would still take the 911 .
Like those Subaru WRX's, too. Good car if you (again) need real backseats. And, you can buy a brand new one for the price of a used M3.

I think the ideal situation is a 911 and an M3 or WRX. If you can afford it, of course.
</STRONG>
Well, maybe next year. Maybe I can keep the 911 and replace the 4-runner with a WRX wagon (now *that* is a plan). I decided after today's M3 debacle that I needed to touch a 911 and see where my heart really was. I went and checked out an '88 I was somewhat interested in. What I found is that sometimes things happen for a reason...

Bottom line? I love 911's. Yeah, the clutch is heavy compared to a newer car. Yeah, the back seat is small (but my son loves them). Yeah, I'm going to sink some money into it. But the ride and the sound of the engine....air cooled good. And frankly, BMW's have always bugged me...or maybe it is their owners (not all..but many). I kinda gagged on the thought of owning a BMW. I've never been bothered by the thought of a 911 in the driveway.

This '88 looks sweet. A rare case of the car being much *better* than described on the phone. The owner is great. Pending a clean PPI she's mine. Life is good (so far).

Quick Reply: am I nuts?