Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

3.2 non-turbo fuel/air adj.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little lost, you have a cat and a bypass and you're measuring using both at separates time, and both have two bungs? or?
for inspection put the cat on with the stock o2 sensor and go do the test. if you don't pass you can fix it at home. But generally if everything is working right it will pass on it's own.
back home after the test do your bypass, unplug the stock o2 sensor, or replace with your wideband and set the idle. Is this what your after?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:41 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi JBrinkley:

I did the test without the factory O2 sensor plugged in and got the following result: 14.7 afr.

When I plugged the O2 sensor back in (there is no second bung at this point) the dme started richening up the mixture. I suspect this might be because the factory O2 sensor was forced to sample ambient air.

I'm going to take it in for smog anyway to see what happens. I want to weld in a second bung to check up on the mixture with O2 sensor working. I suspect the factory DME will not let the car operate at 14.7 afr. It will probably be richer, but we'll see.

Last edited by rusnak; 03-05-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Quick Reply: 3.2 non-turbo fuel/air adj.