Cannillo Motorsports and PPI location

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Ziggy111
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannillo Motorsports and PPI location

Hi,

I've been a lurker for several years, just reading and learning from others posts.

A friend of mine is looking at an 87 for sale at Cannillo Motorsports on Long Island. He's asked me to see if anyone here has any feedback + / - from dealings with them.
I've already done a search and come up with 5 fairly mixed reviews. Concenus seems to be that they do a good job presenting their products in pictures!

Any other info would be appreciated.

He'd also like some recommendations for shops to get a PPI done in the area (I gave him my copy of Pete's book for reference points).

Any help you can give me / him would be appreciated

Or - if anyone is looking to sell their 87 + (he wants a G50!?), I can pass on his email address and you can contact him directly. Send me a PM

Thanks in advance

Mike
Old 11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to them a few years ago, once about a Ferrari and later about a Porsche they had. Never got past the talking stage. He's mostly a Ferrari guy but they always seem to get some cool, oddball stuff that you don't see anywhere else (they had a really nice-looking '94 964 factory WB not long ago), and he seems to have fair prices on his stuff. I wouldn't say they're a cream-of-the-crop dealer like Holt, Willhoit, et al. They have what looks like really nice stuff, along with some real clinkers - rebuilders and repaints, etc. - but they seem to be upfront about those cases. I would deal with them, but I would go in with eyes wide open. I'll put it this way: I would buy a car from somebody like Holt without actually putting my eyes and hands on it first; with these guys, I don't think I would. But I love looking at the unusual cars he comes up with on his site!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:21 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ziggy111
Hi,

I've been a lurker for several years, just reading and learning from others posts.

A friend of mine is looking at an 87 for sale at Cannillo Motorsports on Long Island. He's asked me to see if anyone here has any feedback + / - from dealings with them.
I've already done a search and come up with 5 fairly mixed reviews. Concenus seems to be that they do a good job presenting their products in pictures!

Any other info would be appreciated.

He'd also like some recommendations for shops to get a PPI done in the area (I gave him my copy of Pete's book for reference points).

Any help you can give me / him would be appreciated

Or - if anyone is looking to sell their 87 + (he wants a G50!?), I can pass on his email address and you can contact him directly. Send me a PM

Thanks in advance

Mike
Check your PM. PM sent.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
porsche930dude
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked for the place once when i was on long island and couldnt find it. Either i was looking in the wrong place or they operate out of an industrial park warehouse. It just seemed rather shady to me

Quick Reply: Cannillo Motorsports and PPI location