Need some advice -- H4's - pictures wanted

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001 | 12:23 PM
Chris Martin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Need some advice -- H4's - pictures wanted

Hello all. I am going to be getting a set of H4's for my SC and need some advice. I cant decide between getting the chrome or the black (to be painted) finish. My car is platinum with black window trim. I have never seen one with chrome h4's and thought some one out there might have one.

It seems that if you are going to paint the H4's the best way to go is with the black lights rather than the chrome's with the painted covers.

If anyone has a car this color with chrome h4's could you please send me a picture? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Old 08-21-2001 | 03:31 PM
Ken Fredrickson
Intermediate

Hi Chris,

I have an '82 SC with the H-4s. They came with the chrome rings, which went very well with my chrome wheels. I now have the painted covers, it looks nice either way.
BTW I first installed the H-4s on my '73T, in 1975, then transferred them to the '82. The lights are older than the car!
The only pictures I have with the chrome are pre-digital camera.
Old 08-21-2001 | 03:39 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

I'd go with the painted ones. I have guards red 911 with same color lights. I think they look much better that way, but that's of course my opinion. Naturally, if you decide to have them with same color as your car is, buy black ones and have them painted.
Old 08-21-2001 | 03:40 PM
Chris Martin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot for the response, I realize my request is a little unusual! If the covers look ok I guess it makes sense to try the chrome first and see what I think.

Chris
Old 08-21-2001 | 09:06 PM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Keep in mind that the chrome rings are part of the headlight, so you'll have them anyway. The other rings fit over them. Once prepped and primed, you can switch back and forth as the mood takes you. I leave the painted ones off in winter, since mousture and dirt collects under them, and put the painted ones on in summer.

Quick Reply: Need some advice -- H4's - pictures wanted