Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

H4 lens replacement...help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Mike K
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H4 lens replacement...help

i've searched Pelican & Rennlist but i can't find a tuttorial on H4 lens replacement. I'm sure some of you have done this...any tricks U can share.
i've disassembled the light and picked the glass shards from the rubber seal (in hindsight should have ordered another) but the ten spring clips are slightly different shapes Anyway hoping someone can give me some pointers as i don't want to remove/disassemble another headlight.
Just to reiterate, this is an existing H4 that i have disassembled to replace the lens only. tia.
yes we can.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:41 PM
911SC SKI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest replacing it immediately

Broken head lights are illegal, whether broken or not (?) Be careful, especially with broken bits and really especially with broken glass bits.

In my experience, people could get hurt.

I'm pretty sure this is covered in the Owners Manual because it is of a technical nature. First, establish which sort of car you have. Then, remove the headlight surround screw. Next; remove the other screws, or, prise loose the lens which has disintegrated. Replace lens, replace cover and screws, then replace outer cover and screw.

I think this should work but some pictures wouldn't go astray if they are available.

PM me if you need further advise; I've done this before, but without the hassle of things being broken.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I had an off-track excursion which broke one of my lenses and I just ordered the glass part only from Pelican for $50 shipped. This is to replace my Bosch H4. Here's the part #:

911 631 927 00
Old 11-12-2008, 10:14 AM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a difference in optics between US DOT that has the **** on the lens and E-code european.

Quick Reply: H4 lens replacement...help