911 SC vs 3,2 Carrera - wich to pick?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by holy911
Are ROW cars okay for US use?
Absolute. Both my brother's SC were brought into the US in the '80's. Cats were added, lighting was changed, speedo's were changed and they both still recently passed emissions with ease in our state.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by holy911
Are ROW cars okay for US use? How about for CA smog emissions?
I strongly suggest that if you plan to purchase a gray-market car for use in CA that the car must have EPA and DOT certification papers, along with a BAR sticker on the car (it can usually be found on the left door post).

Make no mistake, CA does not want RoW cars. Any possible purchase must involve the DMV, with specifics for the car's history, before negotiating a sale price. CA will make you jump through hoops unless, of course, the car that you're considering is already currently registered in CA.

There is a process involved in order to bring an RoW car into CA, from another state, that involves referee station inspections, etc. Do not buy an RoW car for use in CA unless you have cleared the process with our DMV.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 PM
cokeloop
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the smog pump pumps fresh air into the exaust so the co2 values seem lower, right? How messed up is that? the engine still produces the same amount of co2, just that it gets blended with the air before it comes out? Why don't they just meause the co2 like 5 feet in the air above the rear of the car, and ditch the smog pump, just as stupid if you ask me..

That is one of the things that i see those who import car to over here take off at once.. that, and the A/C..

Quick Reply: 911 SC vs 3,2 Carrera - wich to pick?