Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

targa soft rear window

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 02:02 AM
dave kroesen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post targa soft rear window

I have a '67 targa which has had a glass rear window installed along the way and I want to return it to the soft zip-out window. Has anyone performed this conversion?? Do I need to find an orig. soft window or can it be re-created by a good convertible top installer?? I would consider *giving* the glass rear window to anyone who gives me a solid lead on how to do it. Thanks for reading!
Old 08-19-2001, 08:29 AM
Series 900
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
You are way ahead of the game, the crux of the retro is the actual targa bar. soft window cars are dished in for the tension levers. You will need L/R lower hoops, upper hoop, tension levers, rubber seal for SS bar and a new rear window. Possibly an interior hoop panel if yours was swapped out, does it have two cutouts at the top ? If you can score the original parts at a reasonable price, do it. Can a top guy make it?, not like the factory parts. I have seen huge numbers for just what you are looking for. I am working on producing a complete retro kit that would include all tabs, parts etc to convert hard to soft, 67 -88 911,912

FS 69 911E SW targa FRESH and ORANGE!!!!

Email for more info

Quick Reply: targa soft rear window