Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 PM
spooled
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Brakes

Could anyone list out which porsche brakes are least powerful to most powerful (with all in between?) Just for the 993/996 911's, first generation boxster/s and the cayenne? I can't find this info ANYWHERE.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're asking this on the 911 forum but I don't understand your question. I'm sure all Porsche brakes can lock up the wheels (and you can't get more "powerful" than that imo), so "better" becomes the abiity to avoid brake fade and very subjective "feel". In other words, I have 930 brakes (4 piston vs 2), larger rotors that dissipate heat better and the 23 M/C provides a totally different "feel" than stock Carrera brakes and m/c, but that doesn't necessarily equate to "more powerful." or "better". In fact, in the hands of a VERY good driver, they might be a negative due to the additional unsprung weight. Hope this helps, and welcome!

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are asking this question to try and determine which brakes would be better suited for a particular model as an upgrade, it really depends on what car, wheels size, etc, that you are contemplating upgrading. All of the models you mention have excellent brakes. I would love to upgrade my 80 SC to larger brakes, but prefer to keep my stock 15 inch wheels, and the stock brakes from 1980 are also very good, particularly for that car in its' day.

They were anyway, until I neglected them. Now that my calipers are done, I have to decide whether to upgrade or use original replacements. In the meantime my garage is in dire need of extra space
Old 10-02-2008, 06:46 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smshirk
...I would love to upgrade my 80 SC to larger brakes, but prefer to keep my stock 15 inch wheels, and the stock brakes from 1980 are also very good, particularly for that car in its' day...
That was me too. Since I have a CE (w/ 15" Diamond Blue Metallic wheels), one of my few options was the 930 calipers (machined to fit). +1 about the stock brakes.

Keith
'88 CE coupe

Quick Reply: Porsche Brakes