'71 911S Targa, German market, Silver, SoCal, nice! $39K obo

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 PM
midnite993
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default '71 911S Targa, German market, Silver, SoCal, nice! $39K obo

1971 Porsche 911S Targa orig. Silver, SoCal, nice! $39K obo

Very nice original German market ’71 911S Targa. This car was a long-term restoration project that I acquired about a year ago, and I finished assembling it. The car was imported to California early in its life, and has the solid dry doorjambs and body cavities that a California car should have. Have the owners manual, toolkit, and some receipts but not much history. Didn’t plan to sell it, but some real estate financial issues are forcing sale.

A contact at the Porsche factory was able to pull the record and sent me the following info:

type 911634=911S Targa , engine 6311029, delivered 01.March `71 to Glöckler,Frankfurt/ Color 8010=silber metallic/ Interior 11=leatherette black,middle of seats basketweave / Options 258=headrests leatherette left and right , 440=manual antenna left,speaker,suppression , 549=3-point safety belts , 568=colored windows

Body:
Car is rust free underneath and has the original floorpans and front pans. Have some pics of the stripdown/repaint process. The car was already painted but mostly apart and I’ve been putting it back together over the past year. Paint is a good windows-out/trim off two stage (base coat then clear coat) job back to the original silver metallic, and it looks great! Not a concours job but definitely sharp. Most trim and seals are new, and it has new H4 headlights. The deep six Fuchs look OK but could use a refinish.

Interior:
Interior is all original, and could use a new carpet set and dashpad to be really nice. Dash is cracked underneath a new plastic cover which looks OK. Door pockets are all there and look decent, and there are no speaker holes in the doors. Has the original blaupunkt stereo which does not work as far as I know. Was not ordered with sport seats, but the original seat upholstery is nice with no rips or worn spots. Targa top is also original, and while it has no rips, it could use new top vinyl and headliner felt.

Mechanical:
Engine code is 6311129, has the original MFI system and 901 dogleg 5-speed trans. No records of a rebuild, but the engine has good, even compression (150-160 PSI). Car runs and drives great and pulls like an MFI 911 should. A local pre-purchase inspection is welcome.

Asking $39,000 obo, located in San Bernardino, CA. Please email for pics.

Quick Reply: '71 911S Targa, German market, Silver, SoCal, nice! $39K obo