Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Car Covers ... which one to get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 AM
ajmarton
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car Covers ... which one to get?

I have been using Noah car covers from Beverly Hills Motor Sport for the last several years to cover a couple of cars that can't be garaged (ran out of room). They have been pretty good and protect the cars from excessive heat and some rain (I live in Los Angeles). Anyway, I noticed that Griot's has a couple of covers made of new types of material. One is called Weathershield HP (item 92487) and the other is Ultra'Tect' (92471). Does anyone have any recommendations on whether to stay with the Noah brand covers or try one of these other ones. Andrew
Old 09-17-2008, 01:27 AM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

What do you need a cover to do? I use the StormProof cover by Coverking. I beads and sheds water like no tomorrow and any moisture trapped underneath with 'breathe' through, sort of like a fancy gort-ex I suppose.

I liked their quality and they have a bunch of different materials so suit different needs, they custom cut my cover to fit my car perfectly.

-matt
Old 09-17-2008, 01:40 AM
ajmarton
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Basically moisture protection and shield the car from sun light. It would be nice if the cover held up well over time. The Noah fabric tends to get weak after a couple of years and then they tear easy.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Go down to the OC and take the tour at Coverking. I got the indoor cover made in the color and shape for my cab. It was ready in a week. It's bright yellow on the outside and fuzzy white on the inside.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coverking is what I use as well. Custom fit at a very good price.
I use mine (along with three blankets) in the garage to keep the cats from scratching the paint.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Houpty GT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the coverking Silverguard plus from Performance products. They are 10% off right now but if you are a PCA member you can get a 15% discount. http://www.automotion.com/productpag...111&pid=110721 I believe the cover is the same as the Porsche Brand cover but is $100 cheap because it doesn't have the Porsche crest on it. I use mine in a carport. It is silver colored so it should reflect a great deal of sunlight and it is padded underneath. It is a good fit too. I was choosing between this and an Evolution by Covercraft http://www.vertexauto.com/ShowItem/3...20Outdoor.aspx

If I were you I would not be so concerned with the rain protection and would put my primary focus on protection from the sunlight.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts

I should have mentioned this earlier, I chose the stormproof one because of my needs, I wasn't suggesting that was the exact one for you. My car is parked outside in the wintertime and does get a good amount of snow and ice on it from time to time

-matt

Quick Reply: Car Covers ... which one to get?