Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

934 Project car VS. Changing oil.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Gary_C
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 934 Project car VS. Changing oil.

Yes I asked the question about changing oil on a Porsche. I've had 2 Honda's (due to having a family including 5 children.....who now appreciate 911's), but back to the Honda's.They were what we could afford at that time, as we put 110 miles per day on them round trip to work. One had 267,000 and the other 312,000 when they went to other owners, Still running.
My wife and I are both new to the 911's and want to try and maintain them in the same fashion.We changed oil and filter every 2500-3000 miles. So there is the basis for asking the question.We had just gotten our 3 911's since last October.A '78 SC Coupe, and 2 '69's, one has been changed to the IROC look with steel flares..

As for the 934 Look. I don't plan on being the one doing all the body work where it comes to putting on the steel flares.Don't own a welder at the moment, tho my 21 yr old daughter has welded in her shop class. Maybe I can get her to weld me up some Power Racks??
I've looked for wheels for this project.Have found some 12x16 and 14x19 BBS with centerlock hubs. The shop in California where we bought the one 911 has leads on several of the body pieces we'll need. Any input on an engine? What would you go with? I've heard everything from a 3.3 turbo to just having the look and run a 2.4 in it to a newer yr Vette engine???
Bill any additional input would be appreciated as well as the rest of the group.
Gary C.

PS. Bill, I'm in the process of getting a 3.2 (1985), should I swap it out with the 2.7 in my IROC or save it for a spare motor, if the SC needs to be worked on at some point, as it has 141,000 on it?
Old 05-03-2003, 10:31 AM
Gary_C
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A quick note on the 2.7L in my '69. I was told to stay away from this size motor due to problems that were associated with it.
But I'm satisfied with the way it runs, and only getting the 3.2 because I know the man selling it and how he has taken care of it, along with the numbers.
I guess it's the same thing wanting "bigger" to be better (??).
Anyway....didn't want you guys to think I had a 2.7 problem.
Gary C.

Quick Reply: 934 Project car VS. Changing oil.