Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Heater Blower Delete

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Daviboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Blower Delete

Guys my 911 has had the heat exchangers removed although the hoses from them still run from the holes in the bottom of the engine compartment to the heater blower as seen in picture (not my motor)
What I want to know is
1 Does the heater blower serve any other function then to feed heat to the cabin?
2 Can I remove the entire heater blower without affecting engine cooling? Maybe a stupid question.

Davy

Last edited by Daviboy; 06-13-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 AM
arbeitm
Burning Brakes

The big plastic hose brings the air from the main fan (red one in your case) to the heater blower fan which is the one that connects to the two smaller hoses. Those are the one's that would connect to your heat exchangers.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:28 AM
scarceller
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The heat system also was designed to cool the heat exchangers and thus lower engine temps a bit. But if you live in cool climate no need to worry about this. This is really only a concern when air temp is above 95 deg.

Next, if the exchangers are already gone then remove all the ducts and hoses as well as the rear heater blower. Then purchase a left side duct block off plate like this one:
Search http://www.pelicanparts.com for part number PEL-PP910181

Or you could simply cover up the large duct left near the distributor with some tin and a large hose clamp. But the part above looks much better.

Good luck.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:22 AM
Daviboy
Advanced

Thanks guys I will be removing the beast just as soon as I can. Will not however pay$85 for a piece of fibreglass I can fabricate this myself in the garage have all the required ingredients left over form anoth project.

Thx

Davy
Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 AM
scarceller
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Daviboy
Thanks guys I will be removing the beast just as soon as I can. Will not however pay$85 for a piece of fibreglass I can fabricate this myself in the garage have all the required ingredients left over form anoth project.

Thx

Davy
I agree, $85.00 is expensive but you get the idea.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Heater Blower Delete