Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Oil temp calibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:05 AM
ilovegt100
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil temp calibration

Does anyone have experience with a calibrated 911 oil temp gauge? My wife and I dual drive our '87 911 cab at DEs and have been running almost to the 2nd hash mark- probably too damn hot... I was told there was a retrofit kit to the calibrated/numbered pre-77 oil temp gauge and sender unit. Has this proven useful or accurate to anyone. Pelican, cdoc, ebay, and performance do not seem to stock this kit anymore and I would welcome any other channels to obtain a kit. Thanks in advance
Old 09-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 128 Posts

I installed this into one of my 911s many years ago. (It's a good thing to do when the engine is out of the car because getting access to that area (where the sender goes) is a bear ordinarily.)

On the other hand, you can simply look closer at the number-less gauge and look very closely and see what the values are. (Use a magnifying glass and look off at an angle,--to the left and you will see these values adjacent to the lines). That may be a lot easier solution for you than to try to find one of these later. Putting the module into the combination gauge is easy,--it's putting the sender in that will take 80% of the time,--unless the engine is out. Try Stoddard or Performance Products for these. PP should have them in stock.

Quick Reply: Oil temp calibration