911 SC project car

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 PM
darshie76
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 SC project car

Hi everyone

I am trying to get an idea of where to look for parts (and help/suggestions) for my restoration project of my 1980 911 SC

1) need paint job to cover chips and rust (already treated with sand paper and rust spray, plus primer); but seems that the original paint is not made anymore from Porsche....any aftermarket store/paint brand that can reproduce the exact color? (metallic blue T30)

2) the console and the side top area of the doors is cracked....can i repair them or gotta get a new dash? for now i have the cheap ABS cover, but looks horrible (is black while the rest of the car is leather tan)

3) the seats are totally messy....they are aftermarket and not leather....should i get a cover or should i get some new ones? maybe with the electric controls or from another 911 model?

4) the carpets and the wood boards needs to be replaced; but i do not have any experience in these kind of jobs...any suggestions about a place where they can do this job and an estimate of the work?

5) i am looking for an honest body shop in south bay area (CA), to take care of an accident that the previous owner had (the fender was replaced, but now looks like the hood has a gap between the left and the right , and also there is a sort of "filler" between the front quarters and the rest of the car....possibly a bad job since i checked other SC and they do not have that (probably the rain was gong inside the cockpit?)

6) the targa top needs some work, it works fine but there is a gap in the back (you can basically stick a finger iniside....so the rain will be more than happy to get in lol); and i wonder if i have to change the rubber or if is something worst than this.

well...there is a lot to do i am open to suggestions :P

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 911 SC project car