915 Gate Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsixnut
Hey Greg, hows the car coming along? Ready for Sebring?
Not yet... TRE sent me 2 left side rear lenses, so I am one short on each side (1 turn signal unit defective in the front). We put the heat reflective tape inside the bumper and I routed the plate lights there, and Bryan tacked tabs for a further heat shield - to be tested...

I've tightened the bumpers, so now it's a matter of wiring the turn signals in the nose, and getting the parts, then taking it to the shop for brakes work and a checkup ! I may not do the mirrors just yet....

Aero mirrors are the biggest PITA to assemble - I'd rather do my valves blindfolded with my fingers superglued together...

Tires have arrived though...

Old 08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know "ShakinJoe" from Pelican Forums ? I went over to his house in St. Pete Sunday to lend a hand and just shoot the ****. He is in the process of putting his Carrera on a diet. The car is down about 500 lbs currently. Its getting fiberglass bumpers and paint this week or next. He is prepping to be ready for Sebring as well next month.

My point in that ramble? You may wanna hold off on the mirrors as he is trying dif things out. He has taken off the flags and bought a new set that are for Mini's. they were cheap and look similiar to the tear drops. Neither are my cup of tea but if they work for a track car and save wieght...
There must be a 100 parts to them damn electric/defrost Flags. Very heavy too.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts

My aeros are light, they are manual, no motor. Just a PITA to assemble ;-) Bryan painted them, by God I will put them on, if only for a day ;-)

I'll probably revert to "correct" look mirrors when I repaint again in a few years ;-)
Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

I've got a new set of the Advans too, waiting on the wheels.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I struggled with mirrors also, the ones that I tried vibrated - they drove me nuts. I gave up a tiny bit of aero for mirrors that I could see with (set up for manual operation)...
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 915 Gate Shift Kit