Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Some pics of my 80SC with my new camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:58 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I love that center console. Do you still have an E-brake? Also is that NLA? Could not find it on Alcantara site.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:56 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

I have to ask you 2 questions.
1- do you have any bumpers using those bumper covers?
2- your mid console is beautiful. I always love it. Do your seats have the levers to move the car forth/backward? If so, do they get in the way when you move the seat all the way forward?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:14 AM
nicklouse10
Instructor

Hi,

really appreciate the compliments guys, thanks.
to answer some of the Q's:

Originally Posted by rnln
I have to ask you 2 questions.
1- do you have any bumpers using those bumper covers?
2- your mid console is beautiful. I always love it. Do your seats have the levers to move the car forth/backward? If so, do they get in the way when you move the seat all the way forward?
1 - The bumpers are straight replacements for the impact bumpers
2 - The seats slide forwards and backwards on their runners. the lever is under the seat so doesn't interfere with the console. The seats also raise up and down and the tilt adjustment is electric, being controlled by a lever on the outside of the base squab. They have full movement and none of it interferes with the console. I was worried about that, but it all seems Ok.
the only thing that is a little awkward is the seatbelt latches stick ouf of the centre console at a slightly tricky angle. They are perfectly usable, but not as easy as their original locations.
The only restriction the centre console gives me is I can't open the ashtray now.

Originally Posted by irobertson
Great shots of a great car!!
What are those wheels you have on it?
Thanks!
The wheels came on the car when I bought it. I'm not entirely sure of the type-name. I absolutely love them though. I think this is the first car I've ever owned that I haven't wanted to change the wheels on! heres a pic of them in closeup. A few summers back I spent 3 days in my garden drinking lots of beer and hand polishing the rims. The rims are actually painted now rather than polished (long story involving an idiot wheel refurbish company)

Originally Posted by DRACO A5OG
Hey I love that center console. Do you still have an E-brake? Also is that NLA? Could not find it on Alcantara site.
Me too! I think it looks like it should have been there from the factory. I know the inside of a 911 is supposed to be a simple, uncluttered place, but I think this just looks right. I took it out once to run some cables for the stereo and it really looked like something was missing. Each to their own though.
The handbrake is still fully functional. it's hidden below the recessed part of the centre console. That part is actually on a slider and slides back to reveal the handbrake. You have to bend your wrist a little to reach in for the heater control, but it's not too bad.

sorry whats NLA?
the seats are Black leather and a very dark grey Alcantara. the steering wheel is suede. the door cards are black felt cloth and the cappings are black alcantara. It might sound like a bit of a mix n' match, but it actually all goes together quite well

Originally Posted by b5audia4
Nice alcantra interior bits!!
Thanks man, the seats are from a 996 and I had the steering wheel sent all the way to the States to this guy because I couldn't find a company in the UK who's work looked good enough. This guy listened to my requirements and delivered exactly what I wanted. All in all, with return shipping it still worked out cheaper than buying an RS steering wheel, and I much prefer the old 3 spoke wheels.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

nla = no longer available.

the center console
Old 10-22-2008, 11:51 AM
nicklouse10
Instructor

Ahh, I see, sorry.
no, it's a custom made item. Bought it from a company in the states. PM me and I'll give you the details if you're after one.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:12 AM
fasteddie99
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Perfect stance!

Quick Reply: Some pics of my 80SC with my new camera