Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 SC Euro compared to US

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM
amr89c4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 SC Euro compared to US

Are there any HUGE differences between the rolling chassis of the '79 SC vs the US model?

The car needs a transaxle and engine and I would likely only find a US version powertrain.

thx

Lynn
Old 08-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lynn: Not much other than suspension (ride) height. I don't know what you will consider for drive train components, but you might want to check my ad in the Rennlist Classifieds (I currently have two SC 915s ready to go). The ad is on the last page, maybe the one before. The brake system, basic suspension, etc., should all be the same (Euro/USA models), but if you're going to use an SC engine you'll be better off with an '82/83 (3rd generation head studs) unless you can find an earlier engine that you can verify stud replacement on. With '80-83 engines you will need all of the Lambda parts (ECU, Oxygen Sensor/Cat, etc.), but the shift towers, pedal assemblies, clutch linkage, etc., is also all the same. If you don't have axles you would probably be better off buying new than used. Good luck with the project!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My '80 ROW doesn't have any Lambda parts - ECU, 02 sensor, etc... It does have a cat, though. Is it just the USA model engines that come with that stuff?

Whatcha doin, Lynn????
Old 08-03-2008, 12:35 AM
amr89c4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve,

I ran across a decent sounding Euro SC on the net that had blown an engine. The seller had parted out the engine and sold the transaxle. I was curious if a US engine and tranny would fit without alterations or if it was a nightmare project. Just getting a feel for whats out there as a potential track car.

On another note, got the C4 aligned and corner balanced and its ready to go. Everything went smooth as silk. Let get together at TP again soon.

Quick Reply: 911 SC Euro compared to US